Rocket TFC back at factory!

I reread manual and bike should start manually, without fob on, using fob over sensor. In a few minutes I am trying the standard key on sensor. If it starts, can we say it is just the fob, not bike sensors?

my guess would be if the key works and the fob don't then the fob would b bad

I agree.
Result in, spare key won't start bike. This mus TV prove bike sensor/s are the culprit. Hope dealer doesn't keep bike too long for this.
jmo
this is going to b a real test for the dealer
the computer and the sensor are linked together so u can not change just one w/o reprograming
for example if i have a bad computer and i try to use a used comp then the vehicle will not start i would have to have the sensor and key to go along with the used set up.
this theft stuff is a pain in the ass if something fails.

jmo
this is going to b a real test for the dealer
the computer and the sensor are linked together so u can not change just one w/o reprograming
for example if i have a bad computer and i try to use a used comp then the vehicle will not start i would have to have the sensor and key to go along with the used set up.
this theft stuff is a pain in the ass if something fails.
The dealer said they needed to keep the bike basically because of that complexity.

Unfortunately this type of system is the same with cars, $500 to replace a landcruiser fob
Update on keys, now £356.00 but no smart keys available AT ALL Triumph tell they have over 100 on back order with NO delivery date in sight.
The 2 new fob keys will not program to the bike, software issues,
Absolutely discussed with Triumph, so looking to backheal the bike to the dealer as not fit for purpose.
Triumph have a legal obligation to provide spares, blaming covid as usual.

Hi,
Have a Black 2020 R same issues key proximity warning, service required symbols. Tri dealer in UK shock his head, said there was non known fix to the software, my bike has 1400 miles on it.
Surely Triumph tested these machines before release, dissatisfaction here also.
Ridiculous! Do you not have Lemon Laws in Britain or at least implicit warranties on new products? Triumph needs to replace your bike!
No known fix to the software that THEY sold to you? This is only mechanical or electronic BS which can be REPLACED!! F them and have them replace the ECU or a new bike!
This stuff just pisses me off!

Alas lost my key today, awful system bike keeps going until you stop then your stranded unless you carry 2 keys.
£ 200.00 to replace Triumph out of stock. Very disappointed in the whole experience.
Idiotic electronic keys! Who the f*** came up with this stupidity. Always keep the standard key with you...I keep mine on the same ring as my electronic one. You can start the bike holding the standard key next to the rear on the left side. Read the manual!

Back