Rocket III Touring ABS Alarm and Immobilizer

...If this is the case then it conflicts with pages 20 & 24 stating it is an accessory (optional) fit.

Also, can someone inform me where would this alarm be fitted. as I have check her & never found it.. indicating there isn't one!!

Alarm is an optional accessory - tends to be more popular in the UK where there are insurance breaks for having alarm installed.
It is mounted behind the battery, with an extender cable from the Alarm Interface connector under the tank.
The LED in the instrument panel is only functional when the alarm is installed, being connected directly (& solely) to that interface connector.

There are no on-line instructions for the Touring kit, but the Classic/Roadster kit would be the same other than the tank procedure
Alarm Installation Procedure - http://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9808066-EN.pdf

My bike had the alarm installed when I bought her. After a while a got fed up with it and had it uninstalled. I had to keep the alarm in ferry mode even in the garage not to have faulty alarms. Way too sensitive and the fact that it rearmed itself even while refueling was way too annoying.

I keep my bike in garage and Finland is such a safe place in general with almost no criminals at all (hope you don´t 100% believe me) so no problems. Just take an extra chain lock along for a longer trips.

I got a headless key with my 2013 R3T, but I've no wizardry of any kind on my bike that I can identify. The regular keys are by no means rfid type, though they do have the same cut as the headless key.

I have a 2015 Rocket III Touring ABS and a 2015 Tiger Explorer ABS.

The owners manual for the TEx goes into details about the transponder and immobilizer. The owners manual for the R3T does not.

FWIW, the keys look pretty much the same.

^ The tiger has a TRUE Immobilizer (actually integrated to the ECU) - the only option for the R3 is the accessory alarm.
The transponders and receivers are completely different.

I guess the dead giveaway is that there is an active red light that occasionally flashes when you turn the Tiger off. Cars and some of my past motorcycles have also had this. So I guess that's the proof of the presence of an immobilizer. The 2015 R3T ABS doesn't have this.

There is also an LED on the R3 instrument panel - however there is nothing to drive it unless the accessory alarm is installed. But it WILL flash with an alarm installed when it is armed

I was curious about the standard immobilizer on my 2015 R3T so I tried out the saddlebag key in the ignition. Aside from being difficult to turn with very little sticking out of the ignition, it started the bike without a problem. I double-checked the VIN a few months ago as despite my title saying it's a 2015, a dealer told me based upon the VIN it's a '14. Triumphs VIN decoder (actually i think it was their recall search) confirms it is a 2015.

I can confirm on my 2015 R3T the luggage key did start and run the bike for about 30 seconds.

I use the same key for panniers and ignition...in fact all keys issued have the same cut on my bike. I do understand the headless one is for the immobilizer, I just don't know what you do with it, unless you stick in the immobilizer to program it to your keys.:confused:

Back