Rocket III Touring ABS Alarm and Immobilizer

My ABS has saved my sorry ass at least a couple of times already. So that, at least, I have.

And I am a proud owner of the DeCosse Keyless Ignition, and I was wondering what magic he pulled to fool the ECU into thinking it's really me starting the bike each time. And now I know.

Like another poster said, there's no immobilizer nor alarm that is going to keep the bike from dirty hands if we present it to them. Nature of our world.

"Insured by Smith & Wesson" if I'm nearby, otherwise, Progressive.

Where did you see this? I can't see any reference to it on the Triumph site under the R3 model
However, as comparison, I looked to the Street Triple (which I KNOW has it) and it specifically calls this out
But at the same time, it also says

It would make sense that the Rocket has gone to the same system (incl ECU) as used on other models.
Per the various on-line parts fiche I do not (yet) see it however.

Here's a link. If it doesn't take you directly to the statement that the RIII Touring ABS comes with the immobilizer, navigate to the Features/Equipment and Technology tab but this should take you right there. (It's odd but it seems like there is more than one way to access the Triumph site and things you can find one way don't show up if you enter another way. For example, when entering one way, the owner's manual for the R3T isn't available (only the Roadster manual is), but if you enter another way, the manual shows up for download.

Rocket III Touring ABS | Triumph Motorcycles

After posting this, I see the link doesn't take you directly to the note about the immobilizer being standard but just click on the tab mentioned above and use the slider to take you to the mention of the immobilizer being standard.

Like another poster said, there's no immobilizer nor alarm that is going to keep the bike from dirty hands if we present it to them. Nature of our world.

"Insured by Smith & Wesson" if I'm nearby, otherwise, Progressive.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know that an immobilizer or alarm isn't going to save the bike from bad guys but I was just curious since Triumph says on their website that an immobilizer is standard on the R3T ABS machines. See link I posted.

As for S&W, yep! I'm usually packing but generally with a Ruger or Colt although sometimes a S&W.

Last edited:
But built-in alarms and immobilizers, nope. Option to add alarm, though, yep. :)

Check the link I've posted. As you can see, Triumph says an immobilizer does come standard on RT3 ABS machines. Maybe it's new in 2015 (?).

You may be right,it was on my build sheet,and as it was I provided it to my insurance to chip away at the rate. Who knows,could be like some of the U.S. ABS bikes that don't have ABS.

That's what I'm thinking. Either way it's no big deal. I'm just curious. I'll contact Triumph when I get home but, before I do, I want to determine if my bike actually does have an immobilizer. It may very well have one. It may be new for 2015. In any case, Triumph says an immobilizer is standard equipment on new R3T ABS bikes. I would assume that they know what they're talking about but who knows?

Last edited:
Hmm - hate to doubt you, but I really don't think so.
I've successfully provided key-less kits for 2014 Touring (and Roadster) and it is not possible to get around the ECU* Immobiliser, so pretty confident it is not on the 2014, let alone 2013
Also if on the 2013, it would certainly be in the Parts Fiche - it's just not there.

*Interestingly with Android version of TuneECU you can disable the Immobiliser on Ducatis - that option is not available for the Triumph models however.
It appears that some R3T ABS bikes did come with an immobilizer and some didn't. Again, the Triumph site says they do. Here's the link again.

Rocket III Touring ABS | Triumph Motorcycles

Go to Features / Equipment and Technology and scroll down to statement that immobilizer comes standard.

Go to Features / Equipment and Technology and scroll down to statement that immobilizer comes standard.

Got it! Looks like it is available from 2015 model

It appears that some R3T ABS bikes did come with an immobilizer and some didn't...
This isn't one of those things you can configure as an option - it's a core change, requiring different ECU and wiring harness - these are not things that are likely to be available as a configuration option, or by region.
So while I would agree it is available from 2015, I would still contend not prior to that model year.

Got it! Looks like it is available from 2015 model

This isn't one of those things you can configure as an option - it's a core change, requiring different ECU and wiring harness - these are not things that are likely to be available as a configuration option, or by region.
So while I would agree it is available from 2015, I would still contend not prior to that model year.

As I said, Triumph says the immobilizer comes as standard equipment on R3T bikes. It doesn't say what year that feature became available, though, but it does say it is standard equipment.

I'll get in touch with Triumph and try to find out what the story is and I'll post their response if and when I get it. I'll do that next week.

My ABS has saved my sorry ass at least a couple of times already. So that, at least, I have.

And I am a proud owner of the DeCosse Keyless Ignition, and I was wondering what magic he pulled to fool the ECU into thinking it's really me starting the bike each time. And now I know.

"Insured by Smith & Wesson" if I'm nearby, otherwise, Progressive.

Yes, I agree that ABS is great but my question is about the immobilizer. I'll see what Triumph has to say about it.

I am a bit confused myself.. I have a 2014 R3T & find the alarm info not straight foreward.....

Now the owners manual on page 20 shows the instrument panel layout & says that light 6 is the "Alarm Status Indicator Light (alarm is an accessory fit)".
Page 24 shows the alarm symbol & states: "ALARM - The alarm light will illuminate when the conditions described in the accessory alarm instructions are met". Obviously a seperate manual as not covered in the owners one.
BUT, page 25 for the ignition shows a picture bunch of keys as supplied with the bike, all of which I've got, 2x standard ignition keys, a number tag & "there is also a third key that does not have a fob, this is for the accessory alarm system".

Now, this third fobless key is exactly the same as the ignition keys (minus the fob), & as keys are unique it must be for a specific alarm lock fitted at manufacture.. would be pointless having alarm keys that are all the same.

If this is the case then it conflicts with pages 20 & 24 stating it is an accessory (optional) fit.

Also, can someone inform me where would this alarm be fitted. as I have check her & never found it.. indicating there isn't one!!

Back