Rivco bars, boards, pegs, and chrome installed

Hondax

Nitrous
Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
Installed the Rivco Tip over bars yesterday. They are some very heavy duty bars i have to say. The welding is thick and the chrome looks sweet but the welds asthetically are not great, just good.

Installed the Rivco Driver Boards yesterday as well. I did indeed need to raise the shifter to accommodate my shoe. Someone else possibly on another forum thought a shifter arm extending forward more than stock one would work better with a Rivco Driver board. I agree and hope to find a longer one some day. The boards do take some getting use to, especially when placing feet on the ground just prior to stopping because there is not so many places to find the pavement with those big a$$ boards. When first taking off from a stop finding the right foot position to make your first gear to second shift go smoothly was tricky. Having the variety of foot placement is excellent no question about it. I also installed some Rivco highway pegs but need to find a better location for my feet. It is soooooo nice to stretch the ol legs out now and again.

Installed the Rivco Chrome manifold covers yesterday as well, you know the ones that cover up the exposed area between the motor and chrome exhaust guard. Real sweet for sure.

I'm very pleased with the Rivco products. They have great service, packaging and very fast shipping. I do not work for Rivco......

Hey Hondax, did you get the new Rivco driver boards that are set on an angle or the ones parallel to the ground? Also do the driver boards come with peg feelers?

Thanks...

Tom

Hondax, could you post a pic of the crash bars and pegs? I have been thinking of doing the same. Also where do the bars mount to? Thanks

Sorry Pig9r,

Power's been out till just a bit ago. I took the pics of crash bar and pegs and was going to post them, but the hook echo on Doppler radar over our area told me and my family we had better take cover. Seems a half mile wide Tornado had something to do with it.:eek:

Missed our house by 3/10 of a mile and our Poultry Barns by 1/10 of a mile. It would not be a pretty site seeing 144,000 chickens flying every which way. This beast stayed on the ground for many many miles destroying everything in it's path.....in was awful!!

Like the smart guy that I am, I stayed outside, prayed a lot, and snapped four pics of Tornado. Stupid is as stupid does.

I'm going to bed!:cool:

Hondax,

I was starting to wonder. Glad to hear you dodged disaster. It was sure nasty. What 9 people killed in the state? I guess it's a good thing you got that Rocket out there helping to anchor the barn down.:)

Thanks for the pics. I had to step back a bit. :D The crash bars don't seem to stick out as much as I thought they would. A set has been added to "the list."

Hondax... You're a man after my own heart! I have just about everything Rivco except the Highway pegs (After seeing yours, they are on my list:D) Including Rider and passenger boards, risers, license plate relocation kit, Manifold doodads, Crash bars... and all the other shiny bits that cover the black bits (Yes including nut covers and brake caliper covers etc etc).

I bought the last of the flat rider boards but Rivco (Davo here in OZ) sent me out the adapter so I fixed that today. I am proud to say I have been dragging the boards in corners all week so have sharpened them quite nicely thank you! :rolleyes:

It is fun adding to the bike eh!?

The crash bars don't seem to stick out as much as I thought they would. A set has been added to "the list."

The Rivco Tip Over Bars do not stick out as much as the Triumph bars. I believe the Rivco's could very well stay put in a low speed dump, maybe even higher speed. They are very rigid. I'm prolly talking out my butt cuz Rivco does call them "Tip Over" bars. :D

Hondax... You're a man after my own heart! I have just about everything Rivco except the Highway pegs (After seeing yours, they are on my list) Including Rider and passenger boards, risers, license plate relocation kit, Manifold doodads, Crash bars... and all the other shiny bits that cover the black bits (Yes including nut covers and brake caliper covers etc etc).

I bought the last of the flat rider boards but Rivco (Davo here in OZ) sent me out the adapter so I fixed that today. I am proud to say I have been dragging the boards in corners all week so have sharpened them quite nicely thank you! :rolleyes:

It is fun adding to the bike eh!?

Stevo, They make very aesthetic and heavy duty stuff. Rivco is not cheap in price or quality. I believe my highway peg set up has 72 different position to choose from. You WILL find a comfy position!!:D

It is fun to add to the bike,.....I just wish once in a while I could beat my wife to the UPS truck! :)

Back