Rivco bars, boards, pegs, and chrome installed

Hey Hondax....

Send your wife something nice via UPS... that way when she races out to see what silly motorcycle part you bought she will get a surprise. If she's anything like my wife she will think you did something wrong :D:D

Stevo, They make very aesthetic and heavy duty stuff. Rivco is not cheap in price or quality. I believe my highway peg set up has 72 different position to choose from. You WILL find a comfy position!!:D

It is fun to add to the bike,.....I just wish once in a while I could beat my wife to the UPS truck! :) Link Removed
Maybe you should ride the Rocket to the front gate!? That should get you there a little faster! :p

Hondax, do you have a part number for those Rivco Highway boards?
They look EXACTLY like what I want, but the Rivco webpage won't disply anything for me.
Will they work with the factory engine bars?
I'm into distance riding, so I'm no wimp in the seat, but my stock Classic has me crying after 30 miles; No such problems with my '02 bonnie with a K/Q factory seat and highway bars. Not sure if it's the bars or the seat that make the difference, but I want the bars anyway, so I'll start with them.
Thanks
:eek:

Hondax, do you have a part number for those Rivco Highway boards?
They look EXACTLY like what I want, but the Rivco webpage won't disply anything for me.
Will they work with the factory engine bars?
I'm into distance riding, so I'm no wimp in the seat, but my stock Classic has me crying after 30 miles; No such problems with my '02 bonnie with a K/Q factory seat and highway bars. Not sure if it's the bars or the seat that make the difference, but I want the bars anyway, so I'll start with them.
Thanks

Sure Screwloose here ya go. This info is directly off my invoice so it's correct.

PEGSW- Flat Foot Wide Pegs

GL18004- GL1800 Aluminium Highway Mounts(Yes Rocket uses Honda GL1800 mounts)

TR3050- Rocket 3 Engine Guards

Rivco guards are one inch diameter. Not sure what Triumph guard diameter is.

Hondax said:
Sure Screwloose here ya go. This info is directly off my invoice so it's correct.

PEGSW- Flat Foot Wide Pegs

GL18004- GL1800 Aluminium Highway Mounts(Yes Rocket uses Honda GL1800 mounts)

TR3050- Rocket 3 Engine Guards

Rivco guards are one inch diameter. Not sure what Triumph guard diameter is.

I think the Triumph guard diameter is 1.25 inches.

Rivco Highway bars

My set of Rivco highway boards arrived today, and I'm totally satisfied... with Rivco that is. I mounted them on Triumph highway bars, and the Triumph bars flex like crazy. I have little doubt the thin metal flange Triumph uses to attatch the lower bars to the engine will be a failure point sooner or later, and I'll be ponying up for the Rivcos.
On a more positive note, the highway pegs transformed my ride! I went from tears in my eyes after 30 miles to nonstop 100 miles and still smiling after installing the highway pegs. I might not have to spring for that Corbin seat immediately after all ;)
Screwloose

Rear Dresser Bars

The Rivco Tip Over Bars do not stick out as much as the Triumph bars. I believe the Rivco's could very well stay put in a low speed dump, maybe even higher speed. They are very rigid. I'm prolly talking out my butt cuz Rivco does call them "Tip Over" bars. :D

Stevo, They make very aesthetic and heavy duty stuff. Rivco is not cheap in price or quality. I believe my highway peg set up has 72 different position to choose from. You WILL find a comfy position!!:D

It is fun to add to the bike,.....I just wish once in a while I could beat my wife to the UPS truck! :)

Does anyone have the Triumph rear dresser bars? Comments or Suggestions?

Rivcos VS New Triumphs Dressers

As far as the strength , does anyone out there know if the new OEM dresser bars are stronger than the aftermarket Rivcos?

As far as the strength , does anyone out there know if the new OEM dresser bars are stronger than the aftermarket Rivcos?

This thread is older than cheese....

If you are referring to the OEM tip over bars versus the Rivco tip over bars, yes, the rivco bars are stronger and they don't flex. It's the design. The rivco bars extend through the space directely above and in front of the valve cover with a top bracket the mounts under the upper engine fixing bolt plus mounting under the front board/footpeg rail, esentially a 3 point mount. The OEM bars are a 2 point mount instead. The 3 point mount imparts much needed ridgidity to the assembly. However, the rivco bars, especially the lower stamped bracket will need to be enlarged to fit properly over the rail mounting boss on the lower/front of the engine. You could employ a file to do that, I used a high speed die grinder and a tungsten carbide burr.

As far as the new tip over bars, Triumph says they are improved. They could be getting them directly from Rivco which might preclude rivco's sales to the public much like National Cycle makes all Triumoh's OEM windscreens. National, though they sell to the public (Slipstreamer) won't sell any screens specifically for fitment to a Triumph. I know, I've tried.

You never know. Maybe Flipmeister will be making tip over bars someday.

Back