Replacement horns

No, I have a big space where the forward controls used to be and I haven't found the right horn yet with a different tone that I think will complement mine correctly.

facing forward horns are at risks of ingesting road chips and act as funnel for rain better protect that opening from the elements .
I mounted my two horns sideway to keep them just from road hasards

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 109
facing forward horns are at risks of ingesting road chips and act as funnel for rain better protect that opening from the elements .
I mounted my two horns sideway to keep them just from road hasards

Mine has been on there for two years now with maybe 7k miles and I have been in some nasty weather including trying to get home from work one night during flash flood conditions with water up to the rotors in a few places and it still works every time. If I put one in the exact place on the other side of the bike I don't think it will hurt anything. The horn I use is not a cheap one, it is all metal and is designed to be mounted on the roof of a truck outside in the weather. The trick is to blow it out good every time you suspect it might have too much moisture in it.

I just replace my BEEP-BEEP horn with a low note car style from Pep Boys. It fits on the stock bracket and sound much louder and more like an American car.

meanchuck, now if your left foot falls asleep all you gotta do is honk the horn to wake it up. i knew there was another reason you put that big ass horn there.

I am pretty sure there is a thread on here somewhere about it.. Stebel Nautilus horn is the way to go IMO.
I put the Stebel Nautilus on mine a couple of days ago under the left side cover. I also bought the wiring harness which makes it pretty much plug and play. A competent person can do it in about an hour, so it only took me about three :D What I did find out is that if you have handlebar risers you can't lift the gas tank more than a couple of inches.

I replaced the stock horn with a Denali Soundbomb Mini and added a Denali Split Soundbomb. Horn on the left side and the compressor and relay inside the left cover. Sounds great!

Back