Rear caliper torque reaction bolt

Do you replace your torque reaction bolt?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 100.0%

• Total voters
"now they made Darkside illegal over here"
WHAT???

Yep they kept that quiet only found out when I went to get another DS fitted and was told no. Check on govt website and sure enough, **** bureaucrats:(.

Wore the side casing out on the DS was scrubbing the top of the lettering off on the side, had plenty of meat on main tread but didn't look safe.

I'm not a darkside user, but making it illegal is CRAZY!!!

OK that's weird
Incidentally I had mine out yesterday as was fitting new tyre, Bridgestone now they made Darkside illegal over here:mad::mad::mad::mad:. Pretty sure the bolt is High Tensile, looks like it but I'll stand corrected, I do Loctite mine in place

What's weird is that in the section on installing new rear brake pads, step 8 just says to reinstall the torque reaction bolt, and doesn't mention anything about a new one.

Screenshot_2015-10-16-20-34-57.png

Mine has never been replaced in 130,000 miles. I don't know anyone who has replaced it.

Make sure that it goes into the hole in the callipers. It sounds like a silly thing to say, but we had two bikes at Maggie Valley a year or two back that had the bolts inserted incorrectly by dealers.

The bolt comes with a single use thread locking compound on it. Use blue loctite or similar to ensure it stays in place if it has been removed.

Better late than never to a pertinent thread.
Putting my rear wheel back together after some mods (rear end lighting and wiring-PITA) and I remembered this thread about the
TORQUE REACTION BOLT!!!
WTF?!?!?
Where the Fu*K does one get one of these???
I can find no part number or info on Bike Bandit or on several others!
Not even a part number for the darn caliper carrier.
After a lot of searching I did manage to find the torque value for the sucker (51'/lbs).
Anyone been down this aggravating road before?

Better late than never to a pertinent thread.
Putting my rear wheel back together after some mods (rear end lighting and wiring-PITA) and I remembered this thread about the
TORQUE REACTION BOLT!!!
WTF?!?!?
Where the Fu*K does one get one of these???
I can find no part number or info on Bike Bandit or on several others!
Not even a part number for the darn caliper carrier.
After a lot of searching I did manage to find the torque value for the sucker (51'/lbs).
Anyone been down this aggravating road before?

Hi Bull

Yep know what you mean, some parts are not where you'd expect in the manuals, the torque reaction bolt part number is on Bike Bandit Pt No is 1397831 ($16.64) and its on the rear swingarm pic (link below), you'd think it would be on the brake picture wouldn't you?

I'm pretty sure they are high tensile so don't be tempted go to the local hardware store, learnt this the hard way once with a car that I replaced the suspension bolts and used normal ones, they broke at a bad time.

Hope link works good luck

I replace all the bolts and pins and clips and nuts and screws and plugs and stuff every 3-5 thousand miles or so. It helps keep the kids that make this stuff working everyday.

Hi Bull

Yep know what you mean, some parts are not where you'd expect in the manuals, the torque reaction bolt part number is on Bike Bandit Pt No is 1397831 ($16.64) and its on the rear swingarm pic (link below), you'd think it would be on the brake picture wouldn't you?

I'm pretty sure they are high tensile so don't be tempted go to the local hardware store, learnt this the hard way once with a car that I replaced the suspension bolts and used normal ones, they broke at a bad time.

Hope link works good luck
You beat me to it, ordered one about three months ago.

Back