Rear caliper torque reaction bolt

Do you replace your torque reaction bolt?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 100.0%

• Total voters
Hi Bull
Yep know what you mean, some parts are not where you'd expect in the manuals, the torque reaction bolt part number is on Bike Bandit Pt No is 1397831 ($16.64) and its on the rear swingarm pic (link below), you'd think it would be on the brake picture wouldn't you?

I'm pretty sure they are high tensile so don't be tempted go to the local hardware store, learnt this the hard way once with a car that I replaced the suspension bolts and used normal ones, they broke at a bad time.
Hope link works good luck

Gratitude for that part number! Wonder why it's eliminated from parts fiche?
I NEED rear pads and was going to also order the "torque reaction bolt" for $hits & giggles.
I looked everywhere and the elusive bolt is only offered on Bike Bandit.
They want more for shipping than the bolt cost so I demurred.
Found a set of EBC HH pads for the rear and shall bear with the OEM bolt - WITH Loctite blue.

Gratitude for that part number! Wonder why it's eliminated from parts fiche?
I NEED rear pads and was going to also order the "torque reaction bolt" for $hits & giggles.
I looked everywhere and the elusive bolt is only offered on Bike Bandit.
They want more for shipping than the bolt cost so I demurred.
Found a set of EBC HH pads for the rear and shall bear with the OEM bolt - WITH Loctite blue.
I ordered front and rear pads (EBC HH) from Bike Bandit on the 8th, they showed up yesterday. Slowest online parts supplier I buy from and their free shipping policy is higher $$$ than the rest too. The only reason I ordered from them is because they actually showed a listing for the EBC pads.

I ordered front and rear pads (EBC HH) from Bike Bandit on the 8th, they showed up yesterday. Slowest online parts supplier I buy from and their free shipping policy is higher $$$ than the rest too. The only reason I ordered from them is because they actually showed a listing for the EBC pads.

Today I went to Ebay for mine. Free shipping! We shall see how long it takes - hopefully soon enough before RAA XI.
Sign in or Register | eBay

Filp has the best price and you get them in three days on the HH pads!!

DARN!
I've bought many things there (most recently his paddock stand) and I totally spaced that he had brake pads!

AND they are $6 less expensive than what I paid.
I shall remember this when the fronts are ready again in not too long.

Torque reaction bolt? Never heard of it,
Is that like a sky hook? An ohm sifter? A bucket of steam? :thumbsdown:

I've used bike bandit for all sorts of stuff on my Intruder and it comes lightning quick....but that's for stuff they stock. Rocket 3 doodads are expressly stated to be drop shipped from Triumph, in England! That's going to take some time to the States.

So I shall live with my original & use Loctite.

FYI - For those interested:
I have learned that the Bike Bandit 2005 Triumph Rocket Swingarm:
BOLT,HHF,M18X1.5X59 1397831 T3330158 for $16.64is NOT the same as that for the Rocket Roadster! NOTE: the Triumph part # is T3330158.

The Roadster and Touring are: BOLT,HHF,M18X1.5X58, S5041 2126188 T3330258 for $21.47
Looks to be a different part number and 1mm shorter!
NOTE: the Triumph part # is T3330258.

Last edited:
Back