Bigj1955

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
Lately I have been experiencing some really harsh (painful) riding on my R3R.

Just realized that I have lost 50lbs (374-324) since I first bought the bike, and think that probably has something to do with the spine crushing going on. When I took delivery they maxed out the shocks because of my hugeness - I'm going to dial back the shocks a little and see what happens, but I have looked on this site and there is way too much info on shocks(along with pretty much everything else).

If someone has the understnading and is willing to take the time to boil down the essence of the differences between all the brands and what they do, I think it would help others as well!

Thanks!

I put Hagon Nitros on back, progressive springs on front, big improvement, stopped the pogoing, I like the Hagons, but I think you could do better than Progressive on the front.

I put Hagon Nitros on back, progressive springs on front, big improvement, stopped the pogoing, I like the Hagons, but I think you could do better than Progressive on the front.
You know what baffles me - actually I'm starting to get a little annoyed at the amount of time and money it takes to get the rocket "nice" - why couldn't they make the improvements like this on the drawing board, they have to had gotten feedback on the crappy suspension??

I reckon if a dealer sold an R3 with ALL the costum bits an bobs ready to go and called the like a factory upgrade (Like AMG to Mercedes Benz) could be some really nice options and happy customers.
Lets face it the R3 is already 25% cheaper than the HD so why not make it even better.

I weigh in at a incredible weight of 240.(sucks) Just switched to progressive 444's. Big difference on how the bike handles. Went with the Heavy duty Part no. 444-4233b. With the addition of new tires a Scorcher 140/75R17 and a Exedra max 240/55r16 the bike is rather comfortable and handles like a dream.(R3R). Have progressive springs for the front but not on yet. Kind of waiting for require maintenance on front forks before installing. Either way I will spell it out in black and white. With this set up my back does not hurt and I can take a corner like a screaming #ss #itch. Very comfortable and smooth.

I reckon if a dealer sold an R3 with ALL the costum bits an bobs ready to go and called the like a factory upgrade (Like AMG to Mercedes Benz) could be some really nice options and happy customers.
Lets face it the R3 is already 25% cheaper than the HD so why not make it even better.
Show me a stock bike that needs no upgrades that is under $30,000 and i will buy it. Harley stock suspension sucks.

A good tip! I liked the Hagons, but for a beefy fellow (260 here), I found the Progressive 444s were the best . . . so far.
Definitely follow @Tripps suggestion on the front springs.
The OEM shockies are crap and even worse for a big guy!

You might want to consider getting a custom seat also. The standard and gel seat aren't really the most comfortable..... :thumbsdown:

Back