Hahahaha! Seriously! I am trying to prioritize upgrades I want. That keeps me in good graces with the boss!
I hear you, now the ramiar or any other intake system is a vast improvement from the stock one plus it makes life so much easier when you are working under the petrol tank

I recently loaded a map without 12 minute tune, with no O2....as advised by @DEcosse, it worked like a charm......!!!!
Just to clarify - as I think we are talking about different things with respect to the 12 min tune - @Wajhi was installing a custom map obtained from another member that had been tuned to match his configuration - it was a map configured for NO O2 sensor; I advised that 12 minute tune is not applicable when the O2 sensor is not in play - that is the whole point of the 12 min tune, to trim based on what the O2 sensor sees (and if the O2 sensor IS in play, it will counter against any fueling changes in the map, which is why it is disabled). Now clearly there is no bike-specific trim available without going to an actual tuner - what I advised is that a 12 min tune will do NOTHING when the O2 sensor is disabled (i.e. on the map he was going to run)
Now - to get perfection, then it would HAVE to be dyno- analyzed and trimmed. Whether this is necessary or required would be up to the user. For many, maps developed on other specific machines are often quite close and satisfactory (good enough) as is.

Also, this “12 minute” tune stuff is a complete waste of time. It’s snake oil stuff to make you think you have a tuned bike. It’s not.

Even a tune loaded with the same exact equipment will be off. Like way off.

Now that I can't agree with - every bike that leaves the factory has the same exact equipment and map (within any given generation anyway) and the very purpose of the 'the 12 min tune' (which is nothing more than a forced adaption to speed up the ever ongoing trim process) accounts for those bike to bike differences by trimming for not only the variances but other local conditions, including the gas itself. Is it 'Tuning' ? No, but it IS trimming - Is it necessary? Typically YES. Snake Oil? No.

Just to clarify - as I think we are talking about different things with respect to the 12 min tune - @Wajhi was installing a custom map obtained from another member that had been tuned to match his configuration - it was a map configured for NO O2 sensor; I advised that 12 minute tune is not applicable when the O2 sensor is not in play - that is the whole point of the 12 min tune, to trim based on what the O2 sensor sees (and if the O2 sensor IS in play, it will counter against any fueling changes in the map, which is why it is disabled). Now clearly there is no bike-specific trim available without going to an actual tuner - what I advised is that a 12 min tune will do NOTHING when the O2 sensor is disabled (i.e. on the map he was going to run)
Now - to get perfection, then it would HAVE to be dyno- analyzed and trimmed. Whether this is necessary or required would be up to the user. For many, maps developed on other specific machines are often quite close and satisfactory (good enough) as is.

Now that I can't agree with - every bike that leaves the factory has the same exact equipment and map (within any given generation anyway) and the very purpose of the 'the 12 min tune' (which is nothing more than a forced adaption to speed up the ever ongoing trim process) accounts for those bike to bike differences by trimming for not only the variances but other local conditions, including the gas itself. Is it 'Tuning' ? No, but it IS trimming - Is it necessary? Typically YES. Snake Oil? No.
It does trim likely ONE cell in the adaptive map. You are correct that adaptive fueling is always trimming when in closed loop operation. But it’s forcing nothing, only correcting a lean or rich condition .

It is completely unnecessary in my opinion. Just ride it normally, and the trimming takes place without you doing anything. Moreover, I feel it misleads people. I’ve seen people on this site do it without a o2 sensor installed on their bike!

Im just attempting to share my experience. I currently am a factory dyno tech, I do not know everything,

... But it’s forcing nothing, only correcting a lean or rich condition .
The 'forcing' part from my post was in regard to accelerating the trimming process which it will do regardless (and I did state it was an ongoing process)
No disagreement on what 'trimming' does.

It does trim likely ONE cell in the adaptive map. You are correct that adaptive fueling is always trimming when in closed loop operation. But it’s forcing nothing, only correcting a lean or rich condition .

It is completely unnecessary in my opinion. Just ride it normally, and the trimming takes place without you doing anything. Moreover, I feel it misleads people. I’ve seen people on this site do it without a o2 sensor installed on their bike!

Im just attempting to share my experience. I currently am a factory dyno tech, I do not know everything,

My gosh. You learn something everyday. Maybe that is why the TPS indicator (TuneECU) would never come on after a 20 minute idle.
I had the O2 turned off, but since have removed the sensor completely.
Wish I could find a dyno shop around where I live.
However, the map I have now is definitely a bit better than the stock, might be the TORS and Ramir making up a lot of that, though.

Back