Best tune options for Ramair and outlaw shorty exhaust

Thank you for the response. What do you think about a Power Commander V with this downloadable tune listed on their website:
21-003-010 Carpenter Sidewinder exhaust Ramair air filter

I’ll have the Ramair and a British Legends Shorty exhaust. I imagine the exhausts have similar back pressures.

Would this work?
I assume it would be fairly close to what you need.

What is your opinion of tunes hosted on the power commander website?
I think the tunes on the Power Commander site are set up with the stock tune in the ECU so you will still have all the Triumph restrictions in place. I would use Tune ECU and download the tune provided by Claviger in the resources section (2014+ CES with ram air). It would probably run a little run rich but be closer than using the Sidewinder exhaust tune. As others have said, to make it closer to perfect you then need to add the PC5 and dyno or PC5 with autotune.

I think the tunes on the Power Commander site are set up with the stock tune in the ECU so you will still have all the Triumph restrictions in place. I would use Tune ECU and download the tune provided by Claviger in the resources section (2014+ CES with ram air). It would probably run a little run rich but be closer than using the Sidewinder exhaust tune. As others have said, to make it closer to perfect you then need to add the PC5 and dyno or PC5 with autotune.

I opted for the Hanso tune for my setup and it runs great. Still want to run it through the dyno in the spring to validate and fine tune if needed.

Hans0 tune for 2014+ Roadster, TORs, triple/Ramair filters, ect. 2018-06-01

As others have said, to make it closer to perfect you then need to add the PC5 and dyno or PC5 with autotune.

I run the PCV&AT (Auto Tune) with a good base map, as suggested in the ECU my bike runs perfect all the time, summer, winter etc.
A Dyno tune by a competent Tuner (not Dyno operator) is by far the best solution.

Last edited:
I gutted my stock air intake system and added triple K&N pods...cut away the bearclaw. Ramair is a similar option and some argue better, its a personal like really.
So once i had better air feeding the engine, i wanted unrestrictive headers to let her breathe!..Managed to get Jardines and the cans, had them ceramic coated and added them.
I added PCV and had the tuner smooth out the air/fuel ratio and adjusted fuel settings. The bike runs real smooth, i got 135hp at the rear wheel just from doing these additions and tune, the fuel consumption on a trip is around 15kms per litre dependant on my right wrist.
I'm happy with this...she responds well, no backfires...minimal popping and more grunt plus those pipes give it noise!
I'm not putting strain on engine bits and have done 16000kms on it since new with no problems...i run Amsoil blood in her to keep things nice in there.

So you’re saying the PC-V is overkill for the setup? If one of my main goals is to put on a good tune which works well, and it’s something I can do at home, would the PC-V be a good way to go?

I did Ram air , DP shorty and PCV and auto tune...the PCV / AT did a fantastic job so much so I haven’t felt the need to Dyno.

Back