rake out front

cootertwo, need more of a side view to see rake.
1olbull, If I had this 2018 I would take the challenge but you can be a more advanced rider then me, why don't you just go take a 2018 out your self and see for your self at your skill level then you tell me I'm wrong:)

Amigo,
I would love to do that; however, I have sat aboard a couple (back when a few years younger) and found I couldn't spread my legs wide enough without excruciating pain.
I reckon the Boss Hoss to be a 'Chick Bike"! :roll: :whitstling: :rolleyes:
:thumbsup:

EDIT:
Just for FYI -
I found this review at http://mnmotorcycle.com/march-2018-bike-review-from-the-archives-the-boss-hoss/

Excerpt:
The Boss Hoss was rock solid at speed; something I would expect from such a heavy motorcycle. But something I didn’t expect was how it handled at slow speeds. Nothing I have ever ridden, and that includes the king of slow, Harley-Davidson, out maneuvers the Boss at slow speeds. It was agile and steady and handled like a motorcycle half its size. But in the twisties, unlike the gentle mount in the parking lot, I found the Boss Hoss to be a moody and cantankerous steed. At 4.5 inches, ground clearance is severely limited and if I got the least bit playful, all manner of hardware scraped the pavement. As mentioned above, the engine has gobs of torque and that’s great for doing burnouts, but it can also be a hindrance when cornering. For instance, throttle up in a curve and all that torque tries to steer the motorcycle and you find yourself constantly correcting to hold a line. This made for some very interesting moments on some of the crooked little back roads near my home, and I don’t think I would ever attempt a Deals Gap on the Boss Hoss.

Last edited:
So stock front tire is 150/80 how a 140 how much smaller is that? is it noticeable? but improves corning even better?
what does it look like is it noticeable against a stock Rocket? or not that noticeable? does it look nicer?
Scot in Exile if you like the older Boss Hoss and thought they handled good go take the 2018 boss hoss out your be in love
I would buy one nowjust cant find any one here to insure them:( but still looking
I did the 140 change and I love it. Quicker steering feel, lighter on slower turns. Looks not much of a difference but there is bit more light between the fender and tire. The space or void doesn't bother me a bit compared to the handling change. I love it.

I have done a few raked out bikes in the past. But never on a big and powerful bike like the Rocket. If you are going to ride the Rocket like it wants to be ridden (fast and hard) I may not cut the neck for a cooler look. However it can be done. There are a few companies that still sell fork extension kits. You really need to find a super good shop to cut the neck and rake it. Both chops were 38 + degrees. The Sporty 2 up 40 degrees was fun to ride. The Triumph 42+ I forget sucked to ride. Too much rake as you can see. Good luck and let us know how it rides.
1374783_10201319506623652_1434332588_n.jpg
1936548_1176135697541_8063166_n.jpg

Last edited:
So stock front tire is 150/80 how a 140 how much smaller is that? is it noticeable? but improves corning even better?
what does it look like is it noticeable against a stock Rocket? or not that noticeable? does it look nicer?
Scot in Exile if you like the older Boss Hoss and thought they handled good go take the 2018 boss hoss out your be in love
I would buy one nowjust cant find any one here to insure them:( but still looking

150/80-R17 vs 140/75-R17 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

150x80xR17-140x75xR17_sbs.png

Last edited:
Ishrub, looks like if I go for the smaller tire for even better handling I can think I going faster but not get the speeding ticket because I'm actually going slower cool:)
cootertwo how much more of a rake is that? doesn't seem much more?
1olBull, the redesign of the 2018 is a different animal then the 2009 no comparison you should go take one for a ride its not different then sitting on the Rocket so your be able to spread your legs enough:) but you do sit lower , sounds like your a great rider and I think if you took one out your be very surprised. Take one out and talk to me tomorrow, perhaps all you rocket guys should go test the new 2018 Boss Hoss, I do love my Rocket but if I can find some one to insure the 2018 Boss Hoss I will buy one and if so I'll have to say good buy to my rocket.
Unless I could talk the wife in on keeping them both I even said I'll change my rocket into a trike so she can ride my Rocket she did say maybe:) but said I need to find a insurance to insure it. So just looking at all my option:)

Ishrub, looks like if I go for the smaller tire for even better handling I can think I going faster but not get the speeding ticket because I'm actually going slower cool:)
Well not the front one. Coincidently by fitting the E-Max rear you have done the opposite. You are going faster than the ECU thinks. But as it was optimistic (unless corrected) it has simply made it closer to reality. You will however be apparently getting less mpg.

So fitting a smaller tire on the front my Rocket is slower and I'm not getting as good gas mileage just to go around a corner a little better Humm my orange rocket is fast should I SLOW her down more by putting a smaller tire on.

Back