rake out front

So stock front tire is 150/80 how a 140 how much smaller is that? is it noticeable? but improves corning even better?
what does it look like is it noticeable against a stock Rocket? or not that noticeable? does it look nicer?
Scot in Exile if you like the older Boss Hoss and thought they handled good go take the 2018 boss hoss out your be in love
I would buy one nowjust cant find any one here to insure them:( but still looking

@canecorso
The 140/75R 17 front tire lowers the axle 1/2 in.
The 240/55 R16 rear tire raises the axle.
The OEM bike is on a reverse, rake, front axle higher off the ground than the rear.
This makes handling very slow, yet very stable. Most likely designed this way because it is such a large bike and many new riders will have difficulty handling it.
These tire changes completely reform and improve the handling of this awesome motorcycle.

Last edited:
Thanks 1olbull, for 1/2 inch Hardly noticeable to improve the handling even better when my cobra front tire needs to be changed Ill go to 140/75r 17
I did get the progress front shocks and changed my back shocks to Hagon and just doing that was a huge difference.
Perhaps Ill just work on finding some one to insure the boss hoss and buy the 2018 :)

Thanks 1olbull, for 1/2 inch Hardly noticeable to improve the handling even better when my cobra front tire needs to be changed Ill go to 140/75r 17
I did get the progress front shocks and changed my back shocks to Hagon and just doing that was a huge difference.
Perhaps Ill just work on finding some one to insure the boss hoss and buy the 2018 :)

I hope you stayed at least at stock length on those Hagons.
BTW - There is NO way a Boss Hoss will handle even remotely as well as a R3R set up correctly, even with an old geezer rider (72). $$$.00 available upon challenge . . . :D ;) :thumbsup:

yes I stay stock size on the Hagons .
1olbull, before you make a statement go ride a 2018 Boss Hoss your be eating your words, there a total different animal compared to the older ones I tell you there not much different in size then the rocket besides the 300tire on back. I'll be very comfortable to say my riding skill I'll be able to go just as fast riding this new 2018 boss hoss as I would be able to ride the rocket and I consider me a average rider.

I think the guy that built the frame said he added 8 degrees to the rake. She sits VERY low, and goes straight VERY well. But with the little handle bars I have on it, it takes a bit of huff and puff, to steer her around a corner. The square CT on the back don't help much. BUT, she is a real hoot to ride! I'll get some video soon. Been thinking bout mounting a camera on the rear frame, pointed at the rear tire. Doesn't even try to lift the front end, with the stock wheel, and stretched out like it is.

yes I stay stock size on the Hagons .
1olbull, before you make a statement go ride a 2018 Boss Hoss your be eating your words, there a total different animal compared to the older ones I tell you there not much different in size then the rocket besides the 300tire on back. I'll be very comfortable to say my riding skill I'll be able to go just as fast riding this new 2018 boss hoss as I would be able to ride the rocket and I consider me a average rider.

Not afraid to be wrong. Won't be the first time . . .
Bring the Hoss on - I'll find the twisties. Hope it keeps it's belt on. :D :roll: :thumbsup:

cootertwo, need more of a side view to see rake.
1olbull, If I had this 2018 I would take the challenge but you can be a more advanced rider then me, why don't you just go take a 2018 out your self and see for your self at your skill level then you tell me I'm wrong:)

Back