Anyone give the RAASK full exhaust a try?

I e-mailed Raask himself about power enhancement of his system and didn't get squat from him. Also talked to the only US distributor. Again people buy them but I can't find out why.

Raask information

I had Raask pipes on an old bike of mine in the UK & they were of the highest quality. I emailed the US distributor (OMARCAFE@AOL.COM) about the R3 pipes and here is their response in blue:
The mufflers are made of steel, that is blasted,then double nickeled and chromed.They have in inside tube wrapped in fiberglass. They are almost straight thru. Price is $695 + $45 S&H
Also:
1. Do these mufflers eliminate the CAT box (do they attach to the original down-tubes)
2. Does the engine need to be re-mapped (with a Power Commander etc)?

They fit on the down tubes,and they will eliminate the CAT box. Triumph has its internet site for re-mapping or a dealer can do the same if necessary. Raask has re-mapped his bike two times and he did not feel that there was any difference in the performance of the bike.
I emailed the Raask UK distributor (sales@busters-accessories.co.uk) for further information & here is their response, also highlighted in blue:
I have asked the manufacturer and here is the reply;
The catalytic converter has to go and I think you get a few more horsepower,
hard to tell the engine are so strong. I have remap my from Triumph own via
Internet. With 2 mufflers the sound are high but far from Harley´s with open
Sceaming Eagles. You hear the engine working but it´s not that high that the
lawmen turn it´s head.
I have considered these pipes purely for aesthetics, as the 3-2 with factory down-pipes look VERY sweet....hope this helps!
http://www.raask.se/1081.jpg

3/1 raask

i prefer the 3/1 raask rs when i can't run my predators. they have a much nicer sound than the jars. don't make as much power as jars. no where close to predators....:D gas mileage is good though.

greg

Let me know...

Hey Choochford,
Post your first impression / review / opinion of the Rassks' when you get them fitted.

I will I just got them in last night. They seem pretty well made. not a huge fan on a couple of the heat shield but that isn't to big of a deal with me. I will get them fitted in the next couple weeks and give you a full review of fit and finish and how they sound.

Took off my old exhaust and started mounting the RAASK Exhaust today. Very easy and nice layout. I got it all mounted during the Superbowl last night. I did not start it up. I wanted to wait till tonight and go over everything one more tie to make sure everything was tight.

I do have to say it was a very smooth and easy fit. I am looking forward to hearing her tonight and then the tune boy should be in and then upgrade the tune some for the bike.

OK sounds good. Nice low rumble at idle and give it a little gas it comes alive nicely. I am looking forward to getting it out on the road to really hear it. All together a very nice exhaust system.

Last edited:
I just received my 3-1 RAASK 'silencer' (!) today; quality seems top-notch. I will post review/opinion once I get it fitted.

how has it worked out

Took off my old exhaust and started mounting the RAASK Exhaust today. Very easy and nice layout. I got it all mounted during the Superbowl last night. I did not start it up. I wanted to wait till tonight and go over everything one more tie to make sure everything was tight.

I do have to say it was a very smooth and easy fit. I am looking forward to hearing her tonight and then the tune boy should be in and then upgrade the tune some for the bike.

OK sounds good. Nice low rumble at idle and give it a little gas it comes alive nicely. I am looking forward to getting it out on the road to really hear it. All together a very nice exhaust system.

how has the mufflers worked out for you, did the engine need a re map ? and the sound what equivalent would you give it, i'm considering the Raask twin muffler drag pipes

Back