So I just picked up a new 2018 Rocket and have already lost an Exhaust manifold nut with less than 300 miles on it. I checked the other manifold nuts and there were loose as well. Can someone with a service manual tell me when these should be torqued to? Should I just remove them all and loctite them?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Locktite might work, but they loosen as the copper gasket seats and they come loose. Ive found a couple of retorques and the stay put just fine.

Ive put lots of exhaust systems on various bikes and it holds true for all of them.

Does anyone know where to get replacement radiator shroud bolts, I guess they need to be checked often. It looks like its about 3/4 inch long, large button head.

As I've worked on my motorcycle (all of them, in fact) I find missing bolts -- a product apparently of widespread practices in the consumer repair business, "If the customer can't see this, the fastener is optional."

On the Rocket specifically, I like for all the fasteners to be present the manufacturer thought important enough to include in the costed configuration, and found all available from Hermy's in Port Clinton, PA.

i kept telling my self do not reply to a thread about missing nuts
oh well seems like the morning for it
has anyone tried jb weld for old sagging nuts.:( rubber bands cuts off the circulation :sick:

I use copper anti-sieze on mine when I remounted my header and just torqued them down. Haven't come loose on me yet, but I didn't want to deal with the gunk of threadlock or seizing of dry bolts.

Back