sealing exhaust

how does one apply this stuff :confused: do I put it on the male or female connector??? :) It also states to only finger tight the bolts, and after i hr. to tighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn,, does this sound right, is it what you guys do ?? TIA :(

how does one apply this stuff :confused: do I put it on the male or female connector??? :) It also states to only finger tight the bolts, and after i hr. to tighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn,, does this sound right, is it what you guys do ?? TIA :(
in the female but it doesnt hurt to rub a little bit on the outside of the male leading edge, the tightening timming is to allow it to partially set so as to give a better seal by then compressing the partially set silicon in the joint, if you tighten it up all the way straight away you will only have a very small amount left in joint

Put it on the before mating the two pipes, cleanup what ever is visible. Must set for 24 hours before running the bike. It is what is recommended by Jardine Exhaust.

:eek: Bloody hell. If I'd just fitted a new exhaust system that would be a looooooong 24 hours. :D How'd you do it. :confused: ;)

:eek: Bloody hell. If I'd just fitted a new exhaust system that would be a looooooong 24 hours. :D How'd you do it. :confused: ;)

Patience grasshopper patience :rolleyes:
Took the words out of my mouth
You telling me you waited 24 hours before even starting her up....
Don't believe you.

Actually, don't answer that. I'd probably put it together with no sealant and run it. Then I'd take it apart and seal it once I was "happy".

hahah :D thats fairly close to the way it went down :cool:
Well you see Richard what Mitch is not telling you is that the StainTunes don't need sealant, they are a tight fit and Sams headers are such a snug fit that even though I put sealant in with the new Triumph copper exhaust gaskets it didn't realy need it, I put mine together went inside to have some lunch then went for a gentle bast up the road to the other end of town and back (about 10 km) no leaks so all's good, done well over 10,000 km since

Back