Jardin Exhaust System

tjmsmokin

Standard Bore
Anybody out there with a little knowledge or input regarding the Jardin Exhaust System? Installed full system with KN air filter. Was told the only way to get rid of popping was to put the power command on. Did that, dealer couldn't map it so had it dyno'd. Still have popping, took -99 values at 1% throttle position, bike stalls out at low speeds, and I'm just having a miserable time with it. Any help appreciated. :confused:

i have jardine and trip k&n just pulled a tune of the net for tuneboy and mine pops a bit when its warm. does the poping do anything hazardis to the bike? i had it on a dyno just to see what it did and it was putting down 154bhp 155tq seemed prety good to me as long as the poping is not bad for the bike im not worried about fixing it.

Make sure you fit up an extra set of header gaskets, if not she will lean pop seems the mongrel jardines are made not to fit very well, they sound ok, but unfortunately poor chrome, loose rivets in the mufflers, bad fit, overall they are ****. I am pleased I did't pay very much for my set and I really only want the headers for now anyway, better to buy a set of Sam's Preditors.

Nightrocket, the 20145Jardine tune on Tuneboy's site doesn't have the ignition fully advanced apparently Wayne forgot to modify the ignition mapping.

tjm- I guess that you have Tuneboy? Use this "recipe" to add fuel to eliminate the popping. Link Removed

Or download this tune and give it a try. I have added some fuel for decel popping. It is based on the latest triumph release of tunes with Tuneboys fueling from the 20145Jardines tune. Ignition is full power.

Link Removed

Anybody out there with a little knowledge or input regarding the Jardin Exhaust System? Installed full system with KN air filter. Was told the only way to get rid of popping was to put the power command on. Did that, dealer couldn't map it so had it don't. Still have popping, took -99 values at 1% throttle position, bike stalls out at low speeds, and I'm just having a miserable time with it. Any help appreciated. :confused:

Make sure you fit up an extra set of header gaskets, if not she will lean pop seems the mongrel jardines are made not to fit very well, they sound ok, but unfortunately poor chrome, loose rivets in the mufflers, bad fit, overall they are ****. I am pleased I did't pay very much for my set and I really only want the headers for now anyway, better to buy a set of Sam's Preditors.

tjmsokin,

I have ran Jar's with the PClll for awhile now. My bike has always popped some when decelerating particularly down long inclines. Other than that fact, she runs darn good and I was able to really notice the increase in horsepower after the install. I have just learned to live with the popping, it kind of grows on you. Your fuel mileage will take a hit, not really a good thing this day and time.

R344ME.
I agree with you about the quality. My set arrived with a bend muffler inlet I had to reshape and I know of several more people who had the same problem. I scratched one of the shields during the install and called the company about a possible replacement. Took forever to get to get intouch with someone. The guy I finally talked too had the personality of tick, no help at all. They do still sound good though.

R344ME

You also cannot get replacement heat shields for the Jars. I neglected to 'lock-tite' one of the heat shield screws and lost it. I had to ' redneck engineer' an aftermarket heat shield.

I've got TB and PC3 with a custom mapping. I still get popping when I back completely out of the throttle high in the RPM range. Annoying yes, but managable with some throttle control.

Anybody out there with a little knowledge or input regarding the Jardin Exhaust System? Installed full system with KN air filter. Was told the only way to get rid of popping was to put the power command on. Did that, dealer couldn't map it so had it dyno'd. Still have popping, took -99 values at 1% throttle position, bike stalls out at low speeds, and I'm just having a miserable time with it. Any help appreciated. :confused:

Let's get back to what you did. You have a PCIII. Let's assume that you also have the new PCIII O2 sensor controller installed. If you don't, it won't work because this little unit fools the Rockets ECU into not using the Rocket's O2 sensor. If all of this is installed properly, and there are no leaks, you can first download a canned DynoJet tune for the Rocket with jardines and under seat filter. The map is M510-004. it's free on the power commander web site, specific for the Rocket.

What did your "dealer" do to map the PCIII? This is routinely done on a DynoJet dyno using their software (Tuning Link) or manually. If he didn't do either of these, then he didn't do sh!t.

Double Up

I had the old gaskets from the stock header still laying around. This weekend I pulled the Jardines did a good cleaning on the motor, polished all the chrome and put the system back up with two sets of copper gaskets. I also sealed the header pipe to the muffler inlet with JB Weld. The original Jardene instructions say to use a high temp silicone but in about two minutes that just turns into a big booger from the heat. **** if the popping hasn't decreased, there are no leaks, and the throttle response seems crisper. I didn't even do a 12 minute tune, just fired her up after letting the weld sit overnight. I also changed the coolant to a 80%water/20% antifreeze mixture with about three drops of Soft Soap. Rode in traffic on a 90 degree day and the fan never kicked on. See http://www.r3owners.net/common-issues/3728-peeing-green-puddle.html You can teach old farts new tricks if you pay attention.

Back