I did remap and it made a difference in the sound. At first you could here that is was lean and kinda snappy sound to it. once I put on the one decimal(2) tune that I got from here with the tune boy the sound deepend really nice and has a lower strong sound to it.

I am wondering how those 70mm drags sound. are those the once you are looking at?

Took off my old exhaust and started mounting the RAASK Exhaust today. Very easy and nice layout. I got it all mounted during the Superbowl last night. I did not start it up. I wanted to wait till tonight and go over everything one more tie to make sure everything was tight.

I do have to say it was a very smooth and easy fit. I am looking forward to hearing her tonight and then the tune boy should be in and then upgrade the tune some for the bike.

OK sounds good. Nice low rumble at idle and give it a little gas it comes alive nicely. I am looking forward to getting it out on the road to really hear it. All together a very nice exhaust system.
Can you give us an update? I have an email out to the rep. to see if these pipes will fit on the 08' Touring.
Thanks,
D.

Good question. they woudl be wide enough at the rear wheel because of the tire differences I would worried if they are low enough to clear the hard bags.

They fit nice under my bags I have mounted. I have have ghost clips with a set of large bags. The pipe seem to be seet at about the height of the left side single pipe. I haven't looked at a touring up close yet, I have only seen pics.

I emailed the rep. to check on pricing and to see if he knew if they would fit the 08'. He quoted me $100 more than what you paid, and just gave me the information that was posted. I have responded letting him know that I was aware of someone who just bought a set in Nov. for $695.... I will let you know what his response is. I also asked him to double check to see if they would fit on the '08....
I will post my findings.
D.

I was just looking at your pic on the other forum and the only area I could really see is were the old exhaust mounts to the frame. I can't tell from the pic were it is bolted to. tonight if I remember when I get home I will take some close pics to post so that maybe you can get your one Idea if they will fit.

Thanks. That would be helpful. Maybe post a picture of your bike with the set up. This guy Ed seems to be confused.
D.

Fitted 3 into 1 Raask, good loud sound, chrome goes blue, flames come out the back on decel, magic!

FInally got the bike out for a real ride last night after doing the tuneboy and RAASk exhaust. I can feel the difference especially in the upend of the bike. The low end it wicked but I attridute that to the tune and opening the float 100%. the high speed was way quicker and smoother then before. I was really impressed with how it would hop alive not that it did not do that before but WOW. I like the sound also.

Raask 3-1

Had my Raask 3-1 Silencer (!) on now for about 500 miles. Beautiful deep exhaust note, idle & at speed. Performance is smooth through the gears and a marked improvement over stock.
Had my local dealer do a re-map on the engine, although when I contacted Raask they said it wasn't necessary.
My only issue so far is that the pipe has yellowed dramatically where it fits onto the down-pipes. Could be running too rich? Could be a poor chrome-job? Any ideas fellas?

Back