I do frequently ride the "sn to t out of her"!???
Nice to see there is someone out there that types even worse than me. :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup: :roll:

I checked the header nuts on my '17, and after 4,500 miles, they all needed to be re-torqued.
Also, the pinch bolts on the front fork were so loose, I'm surprised I didn't lose one.

I have been checking mine now and then and each time they needed a little tightening, this time I used the torque wrench and only one was to the specs.

Please note the manual calls out a torque sequence. The studs are numbered 1, 2, 3 left to right across the top, and 4, 5, 6 right to left across the bottom.

The sequence is to tighten them in sequence to 12 Nm.

Then tighten them to 19 Nm in sequence, and then repeat 1-3.

And as others have said, if you have had to do this, recheck them after each ride for several rides after that.

So I just picked up a new 2018 Rocket and have already lost an Exhaust manifold nut with less than 300 miles on it. I checked the other manifold nuts and there were loose as well. Can someone with a service manual tell me when these should be torqued to? Should I just remove them all and loctite them?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Go over the rest of the bike and make sure there's nothing else lose.

Fan bolts on radiator. Took the radiator off to replace clutch and to my surprise two bolts were about to come out completely. One bolt was holding the fan in place. Loctite used.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back