Ok...try this. Open the tank filler cap, then strike a match and drop it in so you can see the fuel level sending unit. Then go in the house and watch a couple of Youtube videos. :D

Seriously though, looking at the wiring schematic, the wires from the fuel pump relay go to the fuel pump, the ECM, the engine stop switch (right handlebar switch group) and the ignition switch (after going through the fuse). I know it's a bunch of connections, but it could be any of them.

What was the solution to your lighting issue? Could they be related?
Yes thinking about a check with a match over gas tank. Far from the house . Wife said not on the front pourch.

Yes i did no luck. Will not start and ran out of daylight. Very hot today well over 100 degrees plus humidity very high. Flat worn out and hurt. Gonna eat some tacos and call it a day.:(:(:(:(
2nheGej_d.jpg

Hi Sonny, sorry to hear of your problems, playing devil's advocate, I wonder if during all your work, raising and lowering the fuel tank and rustling about under there with spanners etc, whether you may have squashed the wires going to the tank base? They are not in a very sturdy cover and are easily damaged.

Back