wish i could help brutha but beyond me.......you are showing a lot of patience i must say!!.....I'm sure you will find the problem with help from your friends on here.
You need a rubber model of a R3 so you can take it out into the paddock and kick the living sh*t out of it!!!
Wife's daughter and husband stopped by late yesterday afternoon. He rides and has been following my problems. He said if it were him working on it the bike would have been kicked over a long time ago. I took offense but when he responded by actually kicking the bike over i got a good laugh.

Well, seeing how you are going to lift the tank anyhow to check wires why don't you pull the plug from the tank connection and check power there, then you can start working backwards through the wiring if there is no power or pull the pump out and check it if there is. I haven't looked at a wiring diagram but I would think this approach would work.

bob

I GUESS U WERE CORRECT SOMETHING ELSE DID HAPPEN:( sorry caps
when u turn on ign. the fuel pump should click if not then it could be relay or the power or ground to the relay

if it clicks then it might be bad points in the relay (bad relay) or there might not be ign power to that relay.
for test only pull headlight/starter relay and try it in fuel pump relay.

if it was mine i would take a jumper wire with a 20 amp fuse and go from battery to the apply and listen for the pump to work hth herman

Verify pump current /voltage
Check power or ground at pump relay power terminals (not sure if relay switches ground or hot side). If relay works on power side - head toward pump, Check voltage, if good, hot wire to see if pump bad. BE CAREFUL. Pumps can act weird when dead-headed

Pull relay and verify by activating coil and checking continuity across power terminals.

Verify pump relay coil signal
If good verify power to relay coil (again not sure if ECU switches power or ground) Be aware relay should be in socket. Some electronics sense impedance (resistance), and if it's not right, will inhibit signal.

Last edited:
Works out to 112 degrees with the humidity figured in. Don't matter battery will not charge now past 63 percent. Go figure. Two days ago was fine now shot. Fancy charger says bad. Heading to Tulsa for a new battery.

Back