Ok...try this. Open the tank filler cap, then strike a match and drop it in so you can see the fuel level sending unit. Then go in the house and watch a couple of Youtube videos. :D

Seriously though, looking at the wiring schematic, the wires from the fuel pump relay go to the fuel pump, the ECM, the engine stop switch (right handlebar switch group) and the ignition switch (after going through the fuse). I know it's a bunch of connections, but it could be any of them.

What was the solution to your lighting issue? Could they be related?

Last edited:
Lights are fixed. Thanks for the info will check. Which fuse. I checked and maybe was in a hurry but did not see a fuse for the fuel pump. Did check all the fused and they seemed to be OK.

Fuel pump blew a code. Something about a ground. Headlights work but fuel pump will not bike will not start. Open to suggestions. relay problem?

I have close to the same problem right now. My headlight works. I'm going to try a new relay tomorrow. So I'm watching this thread real close....

If that all checks out, I'd suggest throwing in a Walbro 342 because it's 1/4 the cost of OEM and a better pump, though it is a good bit louder when turning the bike on.
If the relay does not help, I guess I'll replace the fuel pump next.

Ok just a curiosity and pointing at straws but relay switch OMERON G8HN-1A4T-RJ 12 volt dc 247401 is the same for OMERON G8HN 14T=RJ 12 volt dc 247402 Have pulled the relays so many times that have figured we have it shuffled. All the OEM had 247401 but when ordered from hermy"s received a 247402vice the OEM 47401. Is there a difference?

Back