New Cams New Thread

In the words of Arte Johnson (who BTW just passed the third of this month at 90):
V-E-R-R-R-R-Y INTERESTING!

The reddish hue is from running MMT through the engine, it's nothing more. This stuff, when I know I'm going to push the bike hard:

Last edited:
Nope. Stripping the head tomorrow in preparation to go bigger and better. Will know more when I pull the valves, I need to see the back side on the valve, where it seats, to see if the DLC is still present.

Knowing where these valves came from will make this a lot easier, and I'm quite confident I know precisely what they came out of and from where. More tomorrow when I get them out and measure stem diameter and overall length.

Not impressed with certain choices in the valvetrain, so time to do it right instead of to a price point.

Example, zoom in on the retainer on the right...

That's some precision tool collision right there. Speaks to an exceptional work ethic <sarcasm btw>.

Chambers came out to 76cc and valves are still quite sealed. .1" or 2.5mm, decked off head.

Curious what tolerance spread there was between the three of them?

My Dad was a master tool & dye maker & designer. He always said: "If ya want it done right - do it yourself."

75, 76, 76 but hey human error in measurement can be that 1 easily, and I'm not about to do it 9 times and average each hole lol.

I agree with your dad. It helps to have a guru whispering sweet nothings in my ear lol and my dad to bounce questions off of once in a while.

Last edited: