207hp with Cams and Pistons

Amen! I've many great memories of many rides around the country I did through the 70s! So many, they kinda run together in my old head.
LTD-1000_1.jpg
0DEC748C-35F0-415E-A7B3-DFBF3123CACB.png

Wow I love the headers but you say the exhaust is not as loud as the Jardines and I love the sound and the loudness of the Jardines.
I'm going to be ceramic coating my exhaust and headers.
So because these headers has a bigger diameter then the Jardines headers they make more power?
What what if I just bought these headers and hooked them up to my Jardines would I have the both more power and my sound of my Jardines?

Wow I love the headers but you say the exhaust is not as loud as the Jardines and I love the sound and the loudness of the Jardines.
I'm going to be ceramic coating my exhaust and headers.
So because these headers has a bigger diameter then the Jardines headers they make more power?
What what if I just bought these headers and hooked them up to my Jardines would I have the both more power and my sound of my Jardines?

@1olbull has CES and rides with @albertaduke who has Jardines. See his post a few back comparing loudness- he has first-hand knowledge.

With CES you could use your Jardines. I'm not familiar with them, but CES could easily get you the right header to make that happen.

Sorry, I'm not sure if you'd gain power switching headers, but maybe 1olbull or albertaduke may be able to advise you there.

@1olbull has CES and rides with @albertaduke who has Jardines. See his post a few back comparing loudness- he has first-hand knowledge.

With CES you could use your Jardines. I'm not familiar with them, but CES could easily get you the right header to make that happen.

Sorry, I'm not sure if you'd gain power switching headers, but maybe 1olbull or albertaduke may be able to advise you there.

Patrick has a love affair with his Jardine headers! :inlove
He keeps them even though they produces less RWHP on the dyno than the CES.

I would really like to compare my CES with a Brute header on the Nels Dyno - same bike & engine, same dyno.
Anyone want to sell/loan me a set of Brutes???

I've got the old exhaust and over the last three years they have got noticable louder and deeper :)
I also have the big 4040 K&N filters and Tune boy and also cycle barn in Seattle put alluminum 1/8 thick behind the filters ,they said they did that so the filters won't suck up the heat from the engine and will breath in more cool air to perform better, it was one or there tricks they did and they said they proved it on Dyno. So maybe I'll see the 200hp but could still live with under:)
But those headers are proven to be even better then my Jardines header and will hook up to my Jardines,I will buy them unless the results are not worth it.

207hp by The Man in the tin shed, woo wee, same pistons and cam setup for a lot of 200hp Lush racing builds that go all over the world, i would reckon. Not many get to 207, I haven’t read of on forum, big pressure!

Last edited:
I've got the old exhaust and over the last three years they have got noticable louder and deeper :)
I also have the big 4040 K&N filters and Tune boy and also cycle barn in Seattle put alluminum 1/8 thick behind the filters ,they said they did that so the filters won't suck up the heat from the engine and will breath in more cool air to perform better, it was one or there tricks they did and they said they proved it on Dyno. So maybe I'll see the 200hp but could still live with under:)
But those headers are proven to be even better then my Jardines header and will hook up to my Jardines,I will buy them unless the results are not worth it.
Did you dyno since this post?

207hp by The Man in the tin shed, woo wee, same pistons and cam setup for a lot of 200hp Lush racing builds that go all over the world, i would reckon. Not many get to 207, I haven’t read of on forum, big pressure!
Man you got me by 4 hp , you're going to kick my arse.;)

Back