207hp with Cams and Pistons

Your 200 plus Rocket does it have Nevs cams and pistons in? Or Carpenter kit?
Does it sound more better?
Does it take off so much fast then before?
Or can you only tell at more higher speeds?
Is it still reliable?
Has it been a money pit now?
Is it a gas guzzle now?
I've been going back and forth for a while now and these are thinks I'm thinking of and don't want to regreat.

Your 200 plus Rocket does it have Nevs cams and pistons in? Or Carpenter kit?
Does it sound more better?
Does it take off so much fast then before?
Or can you only tell at more higher speeds?
Is it still reliable?
Has it been a money pit now?
Is it a gas guzzle now?
I've been going back and forth for a while now and these are thinks I'm thinking of and don't want to regreat.
I'm not sure who you are asking me or Kevin but either of us can respond but I have miles on mine.;)

Lush HC pistons and high lift cams stock springs with a Barnett clutch and triple K&N 4010's custom tune started with a Lush download from Tune ECU and finished on a Dyno with a PCV.
The Viking three into one is plenty loud but not like the bigger Carpenter. Sounds great. This did cost quite a bit and had to wait some time.
It takes off in first to the point of scary and quick, watch for front end lift. It still has good low end but after 5K rpm it gets serious. 7K is nasty limiter set at 7250
Has not been back to the shop yet after close to 5000 miles.
It did cost like a small pit but it was play money to begin with.:rolleyes::D Well worth it if you want to be in the big leagues.
35 mpg same as before and close to what the new bike gets.

I do not regret mine. Hope the best for you.

I have the Jardine Exhaust and the big 4040 K&N filters and the Burnett clutch and Tune boy. So what's the difference of Lush or NevS?
So with your set up and parts what ever you needed and Labour and Tune what is the price?
I just dont want to start buying then realize I need more don't want to be spending more then I wanted , yikes:)
All ready did that with my bike now lol
And am debating on more power , would love to here from you guys on end result of price so I can decide if I want to spend it now or next year or at all:)

I have the Jardine Exhaust and the big 4040 K&N filters and the Burnett clutch and Tune boy. So what's the difference of Lush or NevS?
So with your set up and parts what ever you needed and Labour and Tune what is the price?
I just dont want to start buying then realize I need more don't want to be spending more then I wanted , yikes:)
All ready did that with my bike now lol
And am debating on more power , would love to here from you guys on end result of price so I can decide if I want to spend it now or next year or at all:)
Neville Lush stuff on my bike. You would have to call him for pricing I forget what i paid for his stuff. If you already have the pipe you need you are already ahead on the money game. I think I paid $2K for the labour to get it all done and put on but I did the pipe and clutch at the same time as the motor tear down for the pistons. I'm sure the whole thing costed better than 8 grand. The pipe was $1800 bucks.:eek:

Id call Neville and get a parts cost then find a builder to give you a fee.

Man you got me by 4 hp , you're going to kick my arse.;)
Not me bud, I was referring to aussiemick well Neville’s parts work and tune to get to that number with the parts used, I’m just interested in it is all. :cool:

I did talk to him a while back about $2k and I was told about $800 to $1,000 to install what I'm nervous of is doing and getting all this extra power and finding out other stuff I need to do because other parts fail because of extra power . I guess it's more of the hidden coast that you guys have done and realized you needed to buy.
That's the cost I'm interested in I hate surprises .I can see putting four grand in but not $8,000 . I'll have way too much in my bike.

I did talk to him a while back about $2k and I was told about $800 to $1,000 to install what I'm nervous of is doing and getting all this extra power and finding out other stuff I need to do because other parts fail because of extra power . I guess it's more of the hidden coast that you guys have done and realized you needed to buy.
That's the cost I'm interested in I hate surprises .I can see putting four grand in but not $8,000 . I'll have way too much in my bike.
I have been fortunate so far with no additional costs.

I did the Carpenter 240 kit on my Rocket. I already had the pipe, but I spent around $6k for all the bits, including tuning. Since many doing the Lush kits aren’t doing head porting, I’d say you’d spend less than I did on parts. Since I did the work, no labor charges for me other than tuning.

Thus far, it’s been very reliable, and gets good economy. That being said, and in my opinion, nobody does a high performance engine build, riding it in a way to enjoy all this new power to be surprised if something breaks.

It’s too much fun not to do! It will never make financial sense to do it. But I get so much satisfaction every time I hit the top of third gear at 8k! Everything else is just meh now!

Mate, my bike has 5000km on it now and still feels as solid as the day I picked it up. When Nev and I discussed the build one of my needs was I did not want to lose reliability and
we went with that. Nev would not even build an unreliable bike in my opinion, it would not be worth his reputation. The bike is super quick above 3000 rpm, so quick you really need a heads up display to watch your speed, as you are going stupid fast very quickly. I commute 140 km each day from one side of the city to the other and can filter throigh traffic easily, that is how rideable the bike is and exactly what Nev and I discussed. Normal riding and the fuel consumption is the same, give it some stick and you will see an increase in consumption. Price is a matter for the buyer and Nev as everyone needs or wants something different. He can build or supply to a budget or build to a spec and you save to meet the budget. If you want a rideable bike around town and a terror as required, Nevs builds are the way to go.

Back