Need a tune, Please

When you install a new tune, reset the adaptives. If you live at high altitude then you may want to do a 12 minute tune to adapt the tune to your location. If you don't do it then the bike may run rough or even cut out during the first 15 minutes or so of riding as it adjusts to local environment.

The o2 is near the lower left side of the screen. Checked box equals on. The ces ramair tune should be unchecked. And like I said the 12 minute tune does nothing.

My bike idles at 1000 rpm. Low idle speeds have significantly lower oil pressure. Which is bad!
On my Viking 3 into 1 system, I've got sensor threaded into the exhaust bung. I would still keep O2 unchecked in TuneECU?

I am going to give Tommy a call at Xtreme Machines in Jersey. It's not far from my old base "Naval Air Engineering Station, Lakehurst, NJ" , although I think it's a Joint Base now.
Should be a nice ride, about 6hrs from Rochester, NY. It'll be good to get back that way, I haven't been back to Jersey in about 10yrs.

On my Viking 3 into 1 system, I've got sensor threaded into the exhaust bung. I would still keep O2 unchecked in TuneECU?
Yes, leave the o2 unchecked. The o2 sensor will basically just be a plug.

Like I said before, load the tune and ride it first before you reset the adaptive fuel tables. Once you reset it the tables (which we cannot access) go to zero. What they do, when used , is trim fueling plus or minus the afr set in the tune. Since every bike is different, this allows the Ecu to constantly adjust the fuel tables.

Just make sure the adaptives are reset prior to the dyno tune.

Also again, the 12 minute tune does nothing with the o2 unchecked. When it is checked it will alter the values for one or two throttle positions only.

And it’s a waste of time in any case.

Ok, I understand now.
I think I'm going to re load the tune again, just to make sure. At the end of the 12 minute tune, I had used the kill switch, and I did reset the adaptives. But haven't started the Rocket 3 since then. I was going off a list I printed off, step by step, to load a tune. I'll write in some changes so I understand it for the future.
This is why I post on here!
The collective knowledge on R3owners.net shows me that what I think I know, I really don't know, but I may have been close to knowing.
Thank You Jvheli, IDK!!!

I am going to give Tommy a call at Xtreme Machines in Jersey. It's not far from my old base "Naval Air Engineering Station, Lakehurst, NJ" , although I think it's a Joint Base now.
Should be a nice ride, about 6hrs from Rochester, NY. It'll be good to get back that way, I haven't been back to Jersey in about 10yrs.
I was thinking about suggesting Tommy, but looking at Google maps it was 6.5 hours away from Rochester. It is a bit of a trip, but Tommy is good at tuning. He is a racer himself, so he knows how important a good tune is. He tuned 2 of my Rockets, and got great results on both.

When you install a new tune, reset the adaptives. If you live at high altitude then you may want to do a 12 minute tune to adapt the tune to your location. If you don't do it then the bike may run rough or even cut out during the first 15 minutes or so of riding as it adjusts to local environment.

Correct me if wrong, but if the O2 is unchecked, would not the 12 minute exercise be redundant?

Because the O2 is unchecked, I probably should get an O2 eliminator plug and O2 sensor Bung plug, does that sound right?

Because the O2 is unchecked, I probably should get an O2 eliminator plug and O2 sensor Bung plug, does that sound right?
Not needed. The stock sensor will be trash, but they aren’t expensive to replace if the need ever arose. They make excellent plugs!

Back