Need a tune, Please

Dblbull

EO1(SCW)
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket III Roadster (Phantom Black)
I've searched through rocket resources already for a tune that will work on my bike:
2011 R3R with Ramair and Viking Exhaust 3 into 1
The closest I found so far might work
CES_Ramair_20352, CES full exhaust, Ramair, derestricted
I found it on www.tuneecu.org/Rocket.html
I've loaded it in ECU.
I noticed that some of the tunes have listed O2 sensor active, but the tune I loaded did not.
Does anyone know of a tune that will work with Viking exhaust 3 into 1 and Ramair on a 2010-2013 Rocket 3 Roadster?
I haven't attempted to do the 12-minute tune yet, just in case this is going in the wrong direction before I damage anything.
Also, how do you reset the adaptive using TuneECU?

15564851590085473709274403279211.jpg

Go to the list of forums, inside "Rocket 3 Resources" you'll find various tunes for lots of different set ups. Your bike is pre 2013 where a significant change occured. You'll need to pick one pre 2013.

Hoopla

Did that, but the only one I found is the same one that I had downloaded already.
And update though:
I did the 12-minute tune and seems to be running fine, at least well enough for a good starting point prior to being Dyno tuned (fine tune)
I did notice some small differences, like instead of my fan turning on it 90°C, it turns on at 93°C, and back off at 91°C.
But if I remember right I can adjust that myself, in the tune. I just have to remember where it is again to change it.
I still got to locate a decent Dyno tuner, anyhow.

I think one could get Dyno tuned I'm a re-name the tune to show that I have a Viking Exhaust 3 into 1 system, and Ramair, with O2 sensor active. Then I'll upload the tune as a Rocket Resource. But only once I get it fine tuned by a Dyno.

I've searched through rocket resources already for a tune that will work on my bike:
2011 R3R with Ramair and Viking Exhaust 3 into 1
The closest I found so far might work
CES_Ramair_20352, CES full exhaust, Ramair, derestricted
I found it on www.tuneecu.org/Rocket.html
I've loaded it in ECU.
I noticed that some of the tunes have listed O2 sensor active, but the tune I loaded did not.
Does anyone know of a tune that will work with Viking exhaust 3 into 1 and Ramair on a 2010-2013 Rocket 3 Roadster?
I haven't attempted to do the 12-minute tune yet, just in case this is going in the wrong direction before I damage anything.
Also, how do you reset the adaptive using TuneECU?
I’ve run the ces ramair tune. It’s a good base tune. Leave the o2 unchecked.

The 12 minute tune does nothing but waste 12 minutes of your life. And absolutely nothing at all with the o2 unchecked.

Before resetting adaptives ride it first. If it runs bad, then reset adaptives. It’s listed under the Ecu tab and is only highlighted when connected to the ecu.

Just make sure the adaptive tables are reset prior to your dyno tune.

Ok, thanks. I did run the 12 minute tune, I didn't know where to uncheck or check the O2 sensor anyhow. Only things I noticed different than usual were:
- cooling fan turned on at 93°C instead of 90°C, and off at 91°C
- engine idles between 840 & 880 rpm, a little higher than I'm used to. My other tune idled around 730-750, when I had TOR's for mufflers, on stock headers

Ok, thanks. I did run the 12 minute tune, I didn't know where to uncheck or check the O2 sensor anyhow. Only things I noticed different than usual were:
- cooling fan turned on at 93°C instead of 90°C, and off at 91°C
- engine idles between 840 & 880 rpm, a little higher than I'm used to. My other tune idled around 730-750, when I had TOR's for mufflers, on stock headers
The o2 is near the lower left side of the screen. Checked box equals on. The ces ramair tune should be unchecked. And like I said the 12 minute tune does nothing.

My bike idles at 1000 rpm. Low idle speeds have significantly lower oil pressure. Which is bad!

I like it, thanks for the info.
I'm hoping to find a reputable place to have the Dyno Tune completed.

Back