Moving to a Standalone ECU

And I was thinking, I don't see many guys seriously modding modern bikes, maybe they are, but the fact that Rockets are primitive technology may be why they can be modified so much? Just wondering.

The technical challenge with all the computerized stuff is what limits many people.

Add traction control to the list.:)

That was one of the many questions. Unlike other standalone which require a different wheel speed sensor the Haltech readily works from the stock abs rings, so wheel speed differential traction control will function.

That was one of the many questions. Unlike other standalone which require a different wheel speed sensor the Haltech readily works from the stock abs rings, so wheel speed differential traction control will function.
Keep a parts list for us dreamers.

This is all fun to read and I understand it but let’s say others don’t understand , why are you doing this and to gain what ? :):cautious:

Theres things you cannot access/adjust via TECU or PVC piggybacks, ones the fuel "squirt" whenever you suddenly twist the throttle, that would be good to play round with.

I think the fuel choke for starting is another?

Theres probably a lot more

On the .com site, there was a fella that had fitted a motec(??) ecu. I don’t recall his avatar, but it was several years ago. Stumbled upon it while researching my starting woes. Maybe someone to ping for pitfalls and advice if he is still active.

Back