Moving to a Standalone ECU

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
I am working out how compatible the R3 is without adding any sensors, just using what's already installed. Here's where I'm at so far, but, I need a few bits of info from those of you smarter than I.

IAT - Stock suitable
CLT- Stock suitable
TPS- Stock suitable
ISCV- Stock motor suitable
Barometric Sensor - Stock suitable
MAP - Stock suitable
O2 - Wideband LC2
Knock Sensor - Aftermarket Required if desired
Crank Sensor - Stock Suitable
Speed Sensor - Stock rear ABS trigger wheel suitable
Gauges - Will need to be replaced entirely with non-CAN gauges
Alternator Control - Stock Suitable
ABS - Stock Suitable
Multi-point Injector Control - Stock injectors suitable
Ignition - Stock coils suitable but require aftermarket

igniter / R1 COP setup suitable but requires aftermarket igniter (Bosch 211 or Quadspark)

Will be going with a Haltech Elite 1000.
Green - Already worked out
Orange - I think it's worked out, but might be issues
Red - Need to confirm

@DEcosse
@warp9.9
@Penner

Question: Do any of you know for sure if the crank trigger is VR or Hall?
Answer: It is a VR sensor.

Key Limitation:
Sequential Injection and ignition is not possible without a cam sensor, however, multi-point injection using 3 injection squirts per cycle will spread each cylinders injection even across 3 evenly split smaller squirts. This is a non-issue about 2000 or so RPM, but will effect very low RPM running to some degree.

Last edited:
HOT ****. Just an opinion Rob - but change to a known well documented calibration MAP sensor.

I may use the GM one, but that’s an easy fix.

To answer my own question I’m 90% sure crank pickup is a VR sensor.

MS3X already has code for the 24-2 trigger wheel (aka flywheel).

So it would seem ECU replacement is a wiring exercise, with gauges being needed and that’s really it.

Rob - I like Speedhut's stuff - BUT IT IS NOT WATERPROOF. They say such openly.

A client at my mates workshop bought a really pretty custom matched set for his Guzzi. Lasted exactly 1 heavy rainstorm.

A shame as I had plans for a GPS 4" fitted to my Guzzi.

I saw that. Thankfully they’re forthcoming about it. Will be installed in a carbon gauge panels to keep water out.

I saw that. Thankfully they’re forthcoming about it. Will be installed in a carbon gauge panels to keep water out.
The problem is that it enters from the front (Glass bitty part that one looks at). They will add sealant to the trim ring - but on said matched set - water still got in. If you want GPS - there are some reasonable MARINE gauges about. I said reasonable - not nice.

Back