More to the Story, and someone died

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Virginia, precedent gives women far more leeway in shootings against a man, *as long as he is not known to her*.
Also, to the point of no one offering aid, Virginia precedent frowns on getting in the middle of an altercation *unless it can be shown that the one intervening has a reasonable basis -- such as family -- for knowing the person being helped is the victim*.
For coverage, I went with CCW for our family.

Paul,

"Virginia precedent frowns on getting in the middle of an altercation"
IMHO - That there supremely sux, H-U-G-E!
Thumbs Down.jpg

As a retired LEO Steve, I'm glad to know that is is your opinion.

I have dove into a few serious incidents since I retarded.
Fortunately, all turned out better for my intervention.
A couple were fisticuff domestics and several were serious injury crashes.
Still watching for that robbery in progress . . . :D

I should add, that "precedent" bias is dealing specifically with use of deadly force - generally drawing a gun in said situations.

Virginia also has a 'Good Samaritan' law shielding folks rendering aid without the use of a firearm.

I have dove into a few serious incidents since I retarded.
Fortunately, all turned out better for my intervention.
A couple were fisticuff domestics and several were serious injury crashes.
Still watching for that robbery in progress . . . :D

...soooooo..are you saying you've gotten dumber in retirement Bull :confused:

Might want to check autocorrect when you RETIRE :whitstling:

"precedent" bias is dealing specifically with use of deadly force - generally drawing a gun in said situations. Virginia also has a 'Good Samaritan' law shielding folks rendering aid without the use of a firearm.
Precedence is (imo) a very subjective issue.

Who decides? - it's why I do believe that, assuming you believe it wrong to take a life, the legal process should decide - not merely based on the opinion of a a lawyer based on past outcomes.

Of course if you DO NOT believe that taking a life is per-se wrong: then fire away. And believe me I fall into this camp.

Do Virginians carry BFK's then.

Intervention differs by state. I don't know what it is here but in Wisconsin it can result in a very dicey legal situation.

Intervention differs by state. I don't know what it is here but in Wisconsin it can result in a very dicey legal situation.

You must show that you were in fear for your life or that of another.

I have had people threaten me with their cars while on the freeway. Used to do the finger thing. Even kicked a car or two but after this incident, no more. Watch your blind sports carefully, don't blast the throttle on people unless to get away from a situation. Create space and let it go. Best strategy.

In New Jersey you go straight to jail and if found justified you will be broke from defending yourself!! Then you will be double broke after the civil suit.
This is true if someone broke into your house and you retreated as far as possible!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back