College Bowl Games and the Opt Out

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
So you cheer to see your team in the Bowl matchups and the starters are not there playng. What a joke and a let down..Let me explore the reasons.

1. I’m scared I’ll get hurt
2. My record my get diminished.
3. The program that brought me here does not deserve my efforts
4. This is all about me and my team mates mean nothing to me.
5 if these are good reasons the during the regular season when you come against a superior team, Opt Out of that game.
Have I forgot any?

As a coach I would not let an Opt Out player on the side line. Buy a seat, bro. The side ones are fo active players or the injured, not selfish turncoats

Its a different time, its not how we grew up, its a business now, imo players or coaches have no loyalty to each other, or the school, mess up youre gone, we probably wont ever accept this kinda stuff. We come from a time when it was different. There are players who played in bowl games so far that are gonna be rich, and risked it all, proud to see them do that. NIL has changed college football and for now its where they’re at. I personally will not judge a young man for whatever his reasons to play or not when he has a million dollars on the line, most people cant risk that who have nothing and who may come from nothing. Id risk it all and go to battle with my brothers live or die. Atleast i hope I would. Being rich is way down on my list but i also dont have some body telling me you go out and play in that game, get hurt, you will not get this money. Different times are upon us.

Its a different time, its not how we grew up, its a business now, imo players or coaches have no loyalty to each other, or the school, mess up youre gone, we probably wont ever accept this kinda stuff. We come from a time when it was different. There are players who played in bowl games so far that are gonna be rich, and risked it all, proud to see them do that. NIL has changed college football and for now its where they’re at. I personally will not judge a young man for whatever his reasons to play or not when he has a million dollars on the line, most people cant risk that who have nothing and who may come from nothing. Id risk it all and go to battle with my brothers live or die. Atleast i hope I would. Being rich is way down on my list but i also dont have some body telling me you go out and play in that game, get hurt, you will not get this money. Different times are upon us.
A bowl game presents no greater risk than any other game. Wait till they play with men in the NFL. Of well had to a little rant.

So you cheer to see your team in the Bowl matchups and the starters are not there playng. What a joke and a let down..Let me explore the reasons.

1. I’m scared I’ll get hurt
2. My record my get diminished.
3. The program that brought me here does not deserve my efforts
4. This is all about me and my team mates mean nothing to me.
5 if these are good reasons the during the regular season when you come against a superior team, Opt Out of that game.
Have I forgot any?

As a coach I would not let an Opt Out player on the side line. Buy a seat, bro. The side ones are fo active players or the injured, not selfish turncoats
Go WA Dawgs!

You can thank the players agents and NIL for this. Playing depends on the 'status' or Draft number of the player. If the player is good and will assuredly go in the first 3 rounds then they may or may not opt out. For players on the bubble they have a chance to shine and climb the draft order. The NIL made this possible and there really is no loyalty anymore accept maybe for lower wrung players. There are more than a few good players still playing in the Bowl games but to me it seems they are trying to climb that draft order ladder also. I can't say I blame them. It's dangling good money in front of them. Money that will make them instant millionaires. If a round 2 running back blows a knee out he drops to the 4th or 5th round. Is it really worth it for their future? I wish they all played but big money is a motivator. 💰

Back