The Exception Should Be The Rule

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
Just had a very unusual customer service experience. After searching far and wide for some winter gloves (what's with the European fit with everything these days?) that might actually fit, warm, waterproof, and offered excellent protection I went with the BMG Thermosport Motorcycle Gloves.
Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 8.34.53 AM.png

I ordered up at least one size, as usual. They were great on all counts, except that they were actually too big. Every other XL glove I buy is either too small, or requires a long uncomfortable break-in period. So, I contacted the company to see about an exchange and here's the owner's response....

"Not a problem, Blake I’ll send out the Large today so you’ll get them asap. Just send those back at your leisure and use the cheapest ground shipping you can, UPS or USPS. Many thanks, Andrew."

The replacements are already on the way with free shipping. He didn't charge me for them (while waiting on the return) and is just.... get this..... trusting me to send back the first pair "at my leisure." Who does this kind of customer service these days?

I don't have any connection to this company, British Motorcycle Gear, other than being a new loyal customer, but thought I'd pass it on in case you're looking for quality gear and most excellent, unheard of, customer service. It should be the model for how all businesses operate, not the exception.

Anyone else have any great experiences with companies (or bad, so we know to avoid ) like this worth sharing?

Last edited:
I do this, send out items to unknown buyers, let them inspect and test, then get payment, no issues and customer happy, only time ive had a problem is bigger corporate customers who just drag out payment or just plain complain.
True. I find the bigger the customer is, the slower they are to pay me.
Good will in business can very often go a long way, but there are always folk who take advantage. I think it all depends what the stakes are.

The longest i've had to wait for payment on a completed project was 9 months. Not good for me as a small business., though their global corporate name gives some kudos for me to some degree, but my business wouldn't be a business at all if I didn't get paid.......That's the way life is unfortunately.

Last edited:
Not motorcycle related, but 40 years ago I built a set of speakers using MTX components. 15 or 20 years later I cooked both tweeters, both midranges and one of the 15" woofers running my stereo off a generator at a party at camp. There was no guarantee that I remember, the company I bought the components from was long gone out of business. I took it to a local audio shop and explained what happened, said I wanted to buy new components. The guy said wow, that's some of the the first stuff MTX ever made, they're pretty sentimental about their old stuff, let me see what I can do.
A month later he said your stuff came back. I went down and asked what I owed, he said nothing, they replaced all 6, brand new in the box, no charge.
Funny thing is I never put the speakers back together, the boxes are sitting on my shelf here in Florida, maybe some day, but probably not, that headbanger stage of my life is long passed.

Not motorcycle related, but 40 years ago I built a set of speakers using MTX components. 15 or 20 years later I cooked both tweeters, both midranges and one of the 15" woofers running my stereo off a generator at a party at camp. There was no guarantee that I remember, the company I bought the components from was long gone out of business. I took it to a local audio shop and explained what happened, said I wanted to buy new components. The guy said wow, that's some of the the first stuff MTX ever made, they're pretty sentimental about their old stuff, let me see what I can do.
A month later he said your stuff came back. I went down and asked what I owed, he said nothing, they replaced all 6, brand new in the box, no charge.
Funny thing is I never put the speakers back together, the boxes are sitting on my shelf here in Florida, maybe some day, but probably not, that headbanger stage of my life is long passed.
I remember some of my friends in the 70's I would go over their house and they would be in their rooms laying on the floor with a large set of speakers on both sides of their heads blaring Montrose or Black Sabbath. They are easy to spot now as they all have hearing aids.;)
As far as the BMG gloves I need a set of gloves between thick winter gloves and a summer glove with more padding so I'll check them out. I like to reward good public relations and service.:thumbsup:

True. I find the bigger the customer is, the slower they are to pay me.
Good will in business can very often go a long way, but there are always folk who take advantage. I think it all depends what the stakes are.

The longest i've had to wait for payment on a completed project was 9 months. Not good for me as a small business., though their global corporate name give some kudos for me to some degree, but my business wouldn't be a business at all if I didn't get paid.......That's the way life is unfortunately.
I had an overseas company owe me £30k, I relocated one of their company vehicles and they paid the following day. Ive just had a by royal appointment company delay their oct and nov invoices, paid oct ones during Christmas and new year, just paid nov last week, their production has stopped due to this, ive not supplied any goods due to slow paying, idiots.

Last April our LG OLED TV blew up. The power board I think.
The TV's manufacturer guarantee was two years and the TV was almost four years old.
I called the shop where I had bought it from locally (if you're in the UK, it was Richer Sounds Ltd) and they picked it up two days later and brought it back fixed with in the week.
No charge.
Just one call from me informing them of the problem. I will be a loyal customer from now on, for sure.

Last edited:
Just had a very unusual customer service experience. After searching far and wide for some winter gloves (what's with the European fit with everything these days?) that might actually fit, warm, waterproof, and offered excellent protection I went with the BMG Thermosport Motorcycle Gloves.
Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 8.34.53 AM.png

I ordered up at least one size, as usual. They were great on all counts, except that they were actually too big. Every other XL glove I buy is either too small, or requires a long uncomfortable break-in period. So, I contacted the company to see about an exchange and here's the owner's response....

"Not a problem, Blake I’ll send out the Large today so you’ll get them asap. Just send those back at your leisure and use the cheapest ground shipping you can, UPS or USPS. Many thanks, Andrew."

The replacements are already on the way with free shipping. He didn't charge me for them (while waiting on the return) and is just.... get this..... trusting me to send back the first pair "at my leisure." Who does this kind of customer service these days?

I don't have any connection to this company, British Motorcycle Gear, other than being a new loyal customer, but thought I'd pass it on in case you're looking for quality gear and most excellent, unheard of, customer service. It should be the model for how all businesses operate, not the exception.

Anyone else have any great experiences with companies (or bad, so we know to avoid ) like this worth sharing?
Odly enough, i am looking for a pair of gloves, i now know who i will get them from!! Thanks for posting!

Back