Braking in the Corner? Yes or No?

Do you aply your brakes while making a turn?

• Yes, routinely. It's OK

• No, never- you're not supposed to do that

Results are only viewable after voting.
i was bought up on a farm and rode my bike around slippery grass paddocks. I soon learned that applying the front brake going into corners had consequences like sliding off into probably cow shyte!...
I think this has taught me not to front brake whilst in corners and i always do my braking if required prior to leaning into a corner...i honestly cannot recall ever front braking whilst in a corner...or rear for that matter...i'll use the gears before i use the brakes setting my speed so i can ride the bike around the corner to my ability. If i need to brake as well its while im still upright then off the brake and into the corner..
I too learned off road on Florida sand. The surface we are riding on makes all the rules. Even on the pavement there can be stuff that will compromise traction so I do leave room to change the line or adjust speed.

I've seen a rider crash badly that said he never used the front brake for fear of crashing when that was a major reason why he did go down.

Ah yes... sobering reality of our meat wrapped chalk stick carcasses. It's amazing how we all forget that at our age (I'm 35) that even fallkng in the shower is almost guaranteed to send us to the hospital. Yet we ride motorcycles
Now I feel old thank you very much. Then again I feel a lot younger boppin around on this thing: (BTW I'll be 71 come January)
1694704218287.png

Back