More to the Story, and someone died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about getting liability insurance many times. Do you know of any organizations that sell insurance like this, such as one of the national concealed carry groups.

One of the most compelling things I learned from the Virginia legal course and also that very good book that comes with the Wisconsin course is that if one is involved in using a firearm, even in self defense, it can cost dearly, either in legal fees to defend yourself or in civil litigation. One of the things pointed out in the Wisconsin book is if one is involved, even with pulling a weapon to ward off an attack (and not firing it) is to immediately dial 911 and report the incident. It was referred to as the race to the courthouse because the wood be attacker might file charges. Oh and then don't discuss the incident, or admit to anything, to the police without a lawyer present.

Edit: First story in the video is an example of it.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/offers/5890b0827386f/join-the-uscca-today?tID=59baa9fed1146&GA_network=g&GA_device=c&GA_campaign=754157257&GA_adgroup=40121514919&GA_creative=222480275453&GA_keyword=insurance+for+concealed+carry&GA_loc_physical_ms=9033455&GA_landingpage=https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/offers?tID=59baa9fed1146&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu5eWwbfd2QIVhWx-Ch371g7nEAAYASAAEgLvF_D_BwE

Yes, I do as a matter of fact as I want to get some myself. You can scroll down and you will see the four recommended companies. I thought USCCA looked the best for me.

https://highmarkblog.com/coverage-self-defense-shooting/

You want to put yourself in harms way come to Boston. Road rage is a way of life here. I have a friend that always rides with his Go-pro. The technology today for recording events is cheap and the resolution quality is superior. Stay sane out there...!!
The mother daughter video is from a liquor store in Tulsa Oklahoma. You have to love the great state of Oklahoma :D

That is starkly different than anything I heard!

A few 'facts' that might put this version of the story in perspective.
Traffic was stopped on I-5 which means lots of impartial witnesses. (who reportedly say he attacked her)
The mans wife was in the car. She's not an impartial witness; but she had a first hand view of everything that happened.
The rider was detained at the scene and released.
This happened on February the 8th. That's four weeks and she's still free to come and go as she pleases.

The story I read quoted WSP (Washington State Police??) as saying he pulled into the left shoulder next to the motorcycle before exiting.

I'm sure the story isn't as cut and dry as either side would like to make out.
But, I think if he stopped to render aid and she instigated the fight; she wouldn't have been released that night and/or she would have charges by now.
YMMV.

Scott

I never said, and do not know, who physically attacked who first.
He could have went to check on her and she mouthed off which precipitating (wrongly) the 60 year old physically assaulting her.
The vehicle rest positions I saw were in the left most lane - not on the shoulder.
That she has not been charged to date means nothing regarding IF she will be.
As you know, "The wheels grind slowly".
Could you please connect or show me the artical you refer to?

The mother daughter video is from a liquor store in Tulsa Oklahoma. You have to love the great state of Oklahoma :D

Bug Mouth,
A terrific video. :thumbsup:
Mom and daughter = balls of steel!

I never said, and do not know, who physically attacked who first.
He could have went to check on her and she mouthed off which precipitating (wrongly) the 60 year old physically assaulting her.
The vehicle rest positions I saw were in the left most lane - not on the shoulder.
That she has not been charged to date means nothing regarding IF she will be.
As you know, "The wheels grind slowly".
Could you please connect or show me the artical you refer to?

Motorcyclist in fatal road rage shooting on I-5 arrested and released

I read a few articles about the incident shortly after it happened. Nothing I've heard anywhere mentions contact between them or an attempt to rendering aid.

I don't know the whole story and never will. But I'd lay odds in this case that she won't face charges.

In Virginia, precedent gives women far more leeway in shootings against a man, *as long as he is not known to her*.

Also, to the point of no one offering aid, Virginia precedent frowns on getting in the middle of an altercation *unless it can be shown that the one intervening has a reasonable basis -- such as family -- for knowing the person being helped is the victim*.

For coverage, I went with CCW for our family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back