More to the Story, and someone died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.
I suggest waiting for all the facts to emerge.
I was told by an inside source that the motor was weaving traffic at a high rate. When she swerved around the elderly man & wife, she struck the side mirror and went down in front of the man. Man stopped & went to give aid. She precipiated an argument which resulted a physical engagement. I do not know started the physical fight. This also explains why both vehicles were still in the fast lane. I do not think this was two drivers pulling over to settle some road rage.

That is starkly different than anything I heard!

A few 'facts' that might put this version of the story in perspective.
Traffic was stopped on I-5 which means lots of impartial witnesses. (who reportedly say he attacked her)
The mans wife was in the car. She's not an impartial witness; but she had a first hand view of everything that happened.
The rider was detained at the scene and released.
This happened on February the 8th. That's four weeks and she's still free to come and go as she pleases.

The story I read quoted WSP (Washington State Police??) as saying he pulled into the left shoulder next to the motorcycle before exiting.

I'm sure the story isn't as cut and dry as either side would like to make out.
But, I think if he stopped to render aid and she instigated the fight; she wouldn't have been released that night and/or she would have charges by now.
YMMV.

Scott

As far a the legal fund....This is why I strongly encourage anyone who carries on a regular basis to get some type of carry insurance w/ legal representation as a part of it. I live in the Peoples Republik of Maryland and can't carry in my home state....yet I am licensed to carry in 30+ other states....Go figure:thumbsdown:

Here is her version from FB, which I’m inclined to believe because I have seen many people get upset when I leave a buffer in the left so i can crawl in 1st gear instead start/stop every 5 feet:

iRideNW Family:

Just wanted to say thank you to all who have shown their support either by reaching out to me directly, donations, and sticking up for me to the internet trolls.

This is a very traumatic experience and I appreciate the support while the investigation is still open, as I am advised to not speak of any details about the case that is not already public knowledge. What I will address is the statement of "both vehicles pulled over" this is 100% false information provided by the news and state patrol. When the police and news arrived on scene, about 15-20 minutes later the our were already pulled on the shoulder by 2 witnesses to prevent blocking traffic in the HOV lane. At the time of the incident I along with the other vehicle were in the HOV lane stopped when the man got out of his vehicle and approached me. I want to make it 100% clear that I in no way antagonized this man to get out of his vehicle. I was in front of him for a few miles before his initial rage started (because I was leaving a cushion between me and the car in front of me and he did not like that).

Again, thank you for all of your support in this matter. I hope no one else has to have this type of experience, if you think someone is acting hasty towards you on the road, please get away from them and report them to the police if you feel the need to, it is not worth ANYTHING other than getting home safely.

Ride safe guys!

You want to put yourself in harms way come to Boston. Road rage is a way of life here. I have a friend that always rides with his Go-pro. The technology today for recording events is cheap and the resolution quality is superior. Stay sane out there...!!

Last edited:
That is one tough Mama Bear and daughter team. That punk messed with the wrong ladies.

I read about that motorcycle/ATV/Scooter wrecking crew in Boston. I wonder what that was all about.

As far a the legal fund....This is why I strongly encourage anyone who carries on a regular basis to get some type of carry insurance w/ legal representation as a part of it. I live in the Peoples Republik of Maryland and can't carry in my home state....yet I am licensed to carry in 30+ other states....Go figure:thumbsdown:

I've thought about getting liability insurance many times. Do you know of any organizations that sell insurance like this, such as one of the national concealed carry groups.

One of the most compelling things I learned from the Virginia legal course and also that very good book that comes with the Wisconsin course is that if one is involved in using a firearm, even in self defense, it can cost dearly, either in legal fees to defend yourself or in civil litigation. One of the things pointed out in the Wisconsin book is if one is involved, even with pulling a weapon to ward off an attack (and not firing it) is to immediately dial 911 and report the incident. It was referred to as the race to the courthouse because the wood be attacker might file charges. Oh and then don't discuss the incident, or admit to anything, to the police without a lawyer present.

Edit: First story in the video is an example of it.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/of...MIu5eWwbfd2QIVhWx-Ch371g7nEAAYASAAEgLvF_D_BwE

You want to put yourself in harms way come to Boston. Road rage is a way of life here. I have a friend that always rides with his Go-pro. The technology today for recording events is cheap and the resolution quality is superior. Stay sane out there...!!

They do that nonsense with the dirt bikes and ATV's down here on MLK Day each year. Well, this year the authorities went all out with a media blitz weeks beforehand. Fair warning was given to all. This time tons of vehicles were impounded, many arrests (some felonies) were made and a couple of the morons died in wrecks. Will see what happens next year if they decide to play in traffic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back