More to the Story, and someone died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, remember Zimmerman on Trevon? Similar case. You are overpowered during an altercation. Why you stopped and anything else does not matter. "What if" and after the game quarterbacking is easy and cheap. It takes two to fight. The senior man lost his kool and it cost him his life. Now this young woman has to live with all the cost of her act. Everyone looses except the attorneys.

if u have some one down and u r choking the **** out of them u lost your cool a while back u r now in the kill mode and how it turns out is not a good one.
if i was in that position i would shoot or put a knife in to the one choking me or anything else for that matter.
its one thing to settle it with fists but when it is lop sided that doesn't work.
maybe it is just me but i refuse to let an a$$ hole make an a$$ hole out of me. i just let him be the king a$$ hole:)

So recently in the PNW, a female rider shot and killed a man in a freeway shooting incident. There's more to the story than is being told publicly so allow me to paint for you a picture:

1 dead after I-5 road rage shooting, State Patrol says

That's all I've seen in the media, and various flavors of the same information.

The young lady in question is small, I've seen pictures of her, she appears to be about 120lb. So, petite. I have no idea what actions led up to the event, but, she stopped in the HOV lane (express lane) because traffic stopped. The driver pulled up on her left between her bike and the retaining wall using the tiny emergency lane. He exited his vehicle and words were exchanged. He attacked her, ultimately ending up with her being choked out on the ground about to pass out when she finally pulled the trigger.

No criminal charges being filed. In this case, I personally don't think any are warranted. I can imagine what I could do to a woman 100lb lighter than me if I was enraged, so I would absolutely support the argument that she perceived a real and deadly threat to her person, despite the man being unarmed. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that when angry most men are very capable of doing absolutely devastating damage to a little woman.

This makes me so ****ing furious, I physically react thinking about it and typing this, at the piece of **** that he is for attacking a little female. Body literally dumps adrenaline thinking about it. I hope I come across a scenario like this someday so I can stop a young lady from having to live with killing someone, I am absolutely blown away, that NO ONE came to her aid as it escalated until right before she shot him, at which point it was too late.

If this pisses you off, and you've a few dollars/quid to donate, please help fund her legal defense of the upcoming civil suite she may face. I'm linking her go fund me below.

Click here to support Aubrey Taylers Legal Fund organized by Bria Lund

I know, I know, "she must have done something rude" to incite this right? Well, just today on the way home, I' riding between 70-75 mph, normal for traffic on my road, not weaving, doing nothing wrong, and some old man absolutely lost his **** point and yelling at me from inside his car as I passed him. I didn't get close, I didn't rev, I didn't split lanes, I used blinkers, I wasn't tailgating, so NO, she didn't necessarily do anything wrong, I saw proof of that today. The difference, I'm a tall guy, on an intimidating bike, people would rather run than stop next to me and pick a (losing) fight.

Sorry if this is a little emotional, but dudes beating on little women really fires me up.

Please give her money because she "might" face a civil lawsuit?? Please make a generous donation in my name, and you can take full credit. And while you're at it, it is very possible I will be involved in a serious crash this weekend, so could you please make a donation to my possible medical bills?

I haven’t picked sides yet. Let’s allow the facts to determine what really happened.

1. She was wearing a helmet so how did the other driver know she was a female? 2. Road rage involves at least two parties 99% of the time. 3. She was armed so she was never defenseless. 4. Just “being a female” doesn’t mean you’re not a threat or dangerous. Ask a family member of a cop who’s been killed by an armed female.

But as far as I’m concerned, if you get engaged with road rage, expect someone to die or be seriously injured.

Im going riding with her, once I see how she rides the real story I'm sure will fall right into place.

Since I'm going to lead the ride, I'll be able to push people and see just how hard they're willing to ride. It'll be obvious the first time I push near the limit in a turn, either she'll fall way behind or she'll keep up, if she falls behind then I'll be highly inclined to believe the news version.

Timing is everything in life. Returning home yesterday on the freeway (don't laugh you folks from California -- we have our own facsimiles out east) I was going with the flow ~75mph in 65 zone, and as I approached a major route feeder with double entrance lanes on the right, there were two vehicles closer than normal, pickup with a Nissan sedan close behind. Once the main four-lanes in our direction became available, the driver in the pickup started the normal slide to the left, and the driver of the Nissan accelerated and darted around the left rear corner of the pickup to "grab" the lane into which the pickup driver was heading. Inches apart, the pickup driver evidently saw the Nissan and jerked his wheel back right. The three lanes to the left were wide open, and there was no reason for the Nissan to pull in close like that. The driver of the pickup was apparently not happy, and fell in behind the Nissan, sitting on the Nissan's bumper, and headed off at an estimated 90 mph.

Going over the next rise, I saw the two vehicles pulled over on the left shoulder, and I dialed 911, was transferred to the Virginia State Police and reported a possible road rage incident. I pulled over on the shoulder well back from the two, to observe, and perhaps by being there help keep a lid on things.

In the end, nothing happened. It was tense for a bit, with the driver of the pickup clearly agitated, and poking his finger in the chest of the smaller man driving the Nissan. Both were on their cell phones, and it seemed like a long five minutes, but a trooper came up and I waved him past. Three more troopers showed up in short order.

The first trooper ordered both drivers to return to their vehicles, and he took statements from both, and then from me.

It's anticlimactic to be sure, and the whole time I was sitting there listening to Pandora, this thread was going through my head.

Last edited:
Timing is everything in life. Returning home yesterday on the freeway (don't laugh you folks from California -- we have our own facsimiles out east) I was going with the flow ~75mph in 65 zone, and as I approached a major route feeder with double entrance lanes on the right, there were two vehicles closer than normal, pickup with a Nissan sedan close behind. Once the main four-lanes in our direction became available, the driver in the pick started the normal slide to the left, and the driver of the Nissan accelerated and darted around the left rear corner of the pickup to "grab" the lane into which the pickup driver was heading. Inches apart, the pickup driver evidently saw the Nissan and jerked his wheel back right. The three lanes to the left were wide open, and there was no reason for the Nissan to pull in close like that. The driver of the pickup was apparently not happy, and fell in behind the Nissan, sitting on the Nissan's bumper, and headed off at an estimated 90 mph.

Going over the next rise, I saw the two vehicles pulled over on the left shoulder, and I dialed 911, was transferred to the Virginia State Police and reported a possible road rage incident. I pulled over on the shoulder well back from the two, to observe, and perhaps by being there help keep a lid on things.

In the end, nothing happened. It was tense for a bit, with the driver of the pickup clearly agitated, and poking his finger in the chest of the smaller man driving the Nissan. Both were on their cell phones, and it seemed like a long five minutes, but a trooper came up and I waved him past. Three more troopers showed up in short order.

The first trooper ordered both drivers to return to their vehicles, and he took statements from both, and then from me.

It's anticlimactic to be sure, and the whole time I was sitting there listening to Pandora, this thread was going through my head.

Yeah, glad you took the 5 minute delay to be their guardian angel, even if they didn't know it. Really, that's all it takes for our country to be a much better place, some consideration of others and looking out for each other. It's not hard for some, but **** near impossible for a lot of people to do so.

Thanks for being a contributory citizen and not a detractor Joe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back