Low Deflectors

.....all manner of buffeting is now.......OVER! Triumph lowers really did the trick. My Rocket seems more stable even when passing cars and trucks. A temporary down side had crept in, namely, fumes. That's right, exhaust fumes are evident now but I think if I can open up a space between the bottom windshield and the upper edge of lowers, it will disappear. Remarkable how two small pieces of Lexan alter air flow.

What a great ride with temps in the low 70f's and a very timid sun, made for a new perfect riding experience. I was in heaven....:)

I challenged a Dodge SRT-4 on highway 50 west, but driver would not even look over at me. Tried same with Mitsubishi Mirage, but no dice. At least He and his girlfriend looked at me though...:D My Rocket sure makes me feel larger than life.....and 25 years younger....;)

Hey those fumes just make the ride and little better. That and a mouth full of paint chips.:eek:

Glad they work good for you. Seems a lot of Rocket riders swear by them.

Fumes are good and good for ya....

We have a joke going around the shop... a guy goes out to his garage and gets into his ultra low emissions vehicle and starts it up with the garage door closed in an attempt to commit suicide. Five hours late he is still alive and his wife comes out and yells at him "You can't even do that right,, you loser".

Did you see the episode of "Earl" where the guy ran a hose from his tail pipe into his car (a Yugo) to try and kill himself but always failed because the car would only run for about 30 seconds... Earl kept siphoning his gas...before each attempt...

Told Ya So

Well, finally one of you youngsters listened to the old man. Hondax, I knew you'd like them and now I took your advice and put on the GT-25 Clearview and I think I could almost talk to my rider without the Autocom! I haven't experienced the fumes but the vent in my Clearview fell out a few days ago. Seems they forgot to put the 2 screws in the bottom. luckily there's a quick fix and when the nuts and bolts get here........this nut will attempt to rectify the situation.

I'm getting a lot of challenges from the "Rice Burner/Slider" crowd. They cut through traffic without signaling and hurry to catch me at a stoplight. You always hear them coming because it sounds a lot like an R/C model flying by. My stock line is, " Do you want some of this"? They normally give me the old "double take" not expecting this old fart to be willing to race. Some of them actually back down but the few fools that shake their heads in an up and downmotion get my second comment. " I'll wait for you at the next red light". They laugh.... I leave ...... and most of the time they arrive shaking there heads and rolling down the window to ask questions.

Like Mel Brooks great line, " It's good to be King". :p

I'm getting the urge for that great BBQ down your way. Don't let them go out of business.

Hondax, I knew you'd like them and now I took your advice and put on the GT-25 Clearview and I think I could almost talk to my rider without the Autocom!

Yes the Lowers and GT-25 dramatically quiet the ride. I heard myself fart,.....it made me laugh....:eek:

I'm getting the urge for that great BBQ down your way. Don't let them go out of business.

Please come as often as you like cuz i could use all excuses available to get on the Rocket and meet with friends.:)
Kehde's is ICONIC. Folks from around the country pay homage when ever in the area, sometimes diverting just to eat. Met folks from other countries as well. Funny though, I've eaten at other local BBQ joints that I enjoy better, but they don't have Kehde's ambiance and food choices.

Fumes are good and good for ya....
Hey those fumes just make the ride and little better.

LOL! I do like the smell of a non-catalytic converted clean running internal combustion engine.
I guess i have an acute sense of smell, so I wasn't concerned with carbon poisoning or anything like that. But i do want it to go away....:D

Last edited:
How is the heat?

How is the heat with the deflectors on? Reason I ask is my honey suffers that buffeting also. Before we saw the Trumph deflectors he had designed some out of silver or chrome or something and suffered additional heat from the bike. Considering how hot natured he is those things came back off after a couple of times riding with them. Was thinking maybe a differant material might be better?

The Combo

I've got the same set up as Hondax. Clearview GT-25 and Triumph's low air deflectors. The hole in the deflectors seems to let some air through but for me the real secret is having the adjustable air vent in the Clearview windshield. 4 positions let you control the amount of air into the "Rider's Chamber". Hope that helps.

Back