Low Deflectors

PianoMan

Nitrous
Put on the lower wind deflectors this afternoon. I was worried when I pulled out the green plastic fins. Thank goodness it was only the protective coating. After installation, I was surprised how little they show or get in the way. I'm not sure what damage it'll do to my gas mileage but hopefully my knees won't get any more dents in them. The last step is seeing what if any difference I'll have in the handling.

Are these Triumph lower wind deflectors?? Are they adjustable? Do I need to swing by and take pics??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

They won't be clear for long. Until last weekend's ride I forgot how bad the bugs were. If you get a chance post some pics. Your bike would be a good reference for those looking to accessorize their bikes. I was impressed you had all the goodies on my list.

Inquiring Minds

They are Triumph deflectors. Not much to adjust as the hole in each one goes around the housing for the turn signal. The straps that go around the struts are touchy at best since they come in two pieces and you have to manuever them around several times to get it just right. Probably took me a good hour to get them right and tight. Of course I'm dangerous with any sharp object! I'll try and get a few pixs in the near future.

I have them on my bike as well and LOVE them. I was giving my bike a nice cleaning so I took them off to get at the forks a bit better. I took the bike out for a quick run with just the Clearview "Barn Door" windshield without the lowers and my god did I get a lot of buffeting. The ride is so much smoother with the lowers on. They aren't cheap considering what they are but I couldn't ride with a windshield without them.

Tom

Clearview

I'm hoping to ride tomorrow and also take some pixs. I noticed you mentioned having a Clearview windshield. Can you tell me a little bit more about why you chose it and how it's working for you. Do you have the built in vent? I've been looking for something a little wider and taller than the OEM I've got. Do you know of any other companies that make a replacement for the R3?

Thanks,

Dave

I have the biggest one they offer. I don't have the vent in it. Believe it or not I hate windscreens. I ride my bike in the winter time assuming no salt is on the ground so I obviously use it for some weather protection. I am hoping to take it off in a few weeks as things are warming up around here. With that being said I chose their biggest one because I am 6'1" and the Roadster wasn't cutting it for me. I am not sure who else makes replacement windshields but you can check out the Prop Wand FAQ (http://www.r3owners.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17).

I have them on my bike as well and LOVE them. I was giving my bike a nice cleaning so I took them off to get at the forks a bit better. I took the bike out for a quick run with just the Clearview "Barn Door" windshield without the lowers and my god did I get a lot of buffeting. The ride is so much smoother with the lowers on.

I have a tall screen also(says GT-25 on invoice) and was able to reduce buffeting quite nicely. Since I've put the Corbin beetle bags on the buffeting is back and not wanting to go away to my satisfaction so the deflectors may be the ticket.

How About Width

I'm also looking at the GT-25. It says the shield can come with an extra 1" on each side. Then it makes a comment about a 3 1/2" version is available. Is that total added width or per side? Thought I'd ask you first since they won't be open until Monday morning.

I'm also looking at the GT-25. It says the shield can come with an extra 1" on each side. Then it makes a comment about a 3 1/2" version is available. Is that total added width or per side? Thought I'd ask you first since they won't be open until Monday morning.

I purchased mine thru my dealer @ El Dorado Cycle. Originally the Triumph screen was on but before i took possession I had the dealer install the GT-25. I don't know about the extra inch stuff or about a 3 1/2 inch version but here are the dimensions of mine:

Width:
Top width-24"
Widest wide(about 2/3 down from the top) 27"
Bottom width-26"
(Top and bottom widths were measured just after the corner radius's straighten out. Also the case for L & R height measurements)

Height:
Center height(starting from bottom of the between the headlight radius) 25"
Side height(L & R) 27.75"

Here's their website:

Back