English Tim

Me, My Bike and I
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Tourer (2011)
64BD565E-EBAD-437F-AFFD-F0ADBC36D442.jpeg
B3F8B886-6BDD-4055-AF4B-E6889B4C911B.jpeg
A big thank you to fellow R3 owner and member of this group - Bedifferent
He makes and sells a really neat set of wind deflectors that fit very easily onto your touring screen.
A bit of experimentation to ensure the correct mounting height will stop the windchill effect on your hands.
I have bought and tested these items here in Yorkshire and didn’t need to use my thermal glove liners once fitted. So back down to one pair of gloves then!!!
Contact Bedifferent directly for costs and shipping charges. Excellent product.

The next thing I want to do is to get larger lower wind deflectors. They work fairly well and are good and solid but would do a better job if they were larger. We can't put chaps on the crash bars so having a bit larger deflectors seems the best thing to do.

The next thing I want to do is to get larger lower wind deflectors. They work fairly well and are good and solid but would do a better job if they were larger. We can't put chaps on the crash bars so having a bit larger deflectors seems the best thing to do.
Hi, that’s a good plan and makes sense. Would operate just like the screen deflectors from Bedifferent I guess. Maybe he could make a set??

64BD565E-EBAD-437F-AFFD-F0ADBC36D442.jpeg
B3F8B886-6BDD-4055-AF4B-E6889B4C911B.jpeg
A big thank you to fellow R3 owner and member of this group - Bedifferent
He makes and sells a really neat set of wind deflectors that fit very easily onto your touring screen.
A bit of experimentation to ensure the correct mounting height will stop the windchill effect on your hands.
I have bought and tested these items here in Yorkshire and didn’t need to use my thermal glove liners once fitted. So back down to one pair of gloves then!!!
Contact Bedifferent directly for costs and shipping charges. Excellent product.

Hey Tim..Glad you are happy with them. The only thing I would say is you have them upside down and backwards. Lol. If you like them that way that is okay as well. The larger part was intended to be Up for better coverage on the top of your hands and arms because you fingers are curled under the grip. The set screws should be on the back side so they don't show instead of facing the front. If you flip them to the opposite sides they will be correct. The screw heads look better forward. I put them together so they would be run that way. I have had a couple people put them on that way but I'm not sure why. Here are a couple pictures on my bike. Anyway, thanks for the review!

Attachments

• 20170304_144230.jpg
    20170304_144230.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170304_144356.jpg
    20170304_144356.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

I already hand cut a set for myself and had @Jag just ask about that today. Here are some pictures showing the difference. Maybe I could have some laser cut if there is interest.

Attachments

• 20180222_124333.jpg
    20180222_124333.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180222_124417.jpg
    20180222_124417.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 7
Hey Tim..Glad you are happy with them. The only thing I would say is you have them upside down and backwards. Lol. If you like them that way that is okay as well. The larger part was intended to be Up for better coverage on the top of your hands and arms because you fingers are curled under the grip. The set screws should be on the back side so they don't show instead of facing the front. If you flip them to the opposite sides they will be correct. The screw heads look better forward. I put them together so they would be run that way. I have had a couple people put them on that way but I'm not sure why. Here are a couple pictures on my bike. Anyway, thanks for the review!
Haha... your right!!! Now I see it. I’ll flip em around. Makes sense now I think about it. Thanks very much. Pleasure on the review, hope it helps get some biz.

Haha... your right!!! Now I see it. I’ll flip em around. Makes sense now I think about it. Thanks very much. Pleasure on the review, hope it helps get some biz.

Kind of like the lowers are designed. Wider at the top and narrower at the bottom. Lol. If people want to run them that way they need to flip the plastic and put them back on the other way. That way, all the stainless nuts and set screws aren't facing forward. In the future I am going to start marking on the protective paper. Up, Front, Left Side and Up, Front, Right Side.

Don't feel bad Tim as you are not the first person to do that. In spite of the instuction sheet (I'm going to work on that), it seems to be pretty common.

Back