Looking at a new r3

plongmire

.020 Over
Ride
2012 rocket 3 touring
Hey everyone, I own a r3 touring and indian scout my ex got the scout. But I am wanting to get a new bike and was thinking of trading my r3t for a r3r. I was wondering if anyone has ridden both and what is the major difference between them.

I will let you know i have been looking at a Indian black horse as well and torn between the two.

Aw jeez. I own a R3R too, but ****. No love for the R3T? The thread pointed out above is a good resource but here's the skinny:

R3R waaay different foot position: It's closer to a standard riding position and can sometimes get a little cramped, but it gives more room to lean.

Fatter rear tire: looks badass, makes slow speed maneuvers a bit more difficult, but really...it looks bad ass...but comes with fewer tire choices...seriously, bad ass though.

Stock HP is higher: Doesn't mean much, reflash the R3T and bam it's the same output. Annecdotal observation is that the R3T always puts out a little less after modification. In my head this is because of the angle of the final drive on the R3T is sharper than the R3R...I may be completely full of **** on that one though.

And....umm...R3T has more lights on the front...

Back