martinrl

.020 Over
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster
Anyone have a recommendation for LED bulbs to replace the stock headlight bulbs?

What about fog lights, which ones look good on the R3?

I want to increase my visibility and look cool

I personally would not waste my time with LED bulbs. I don't know what size shell the Roadster has but I found the best option, weighing price as well, was the Trucklites I bought. They look cool and are a big improvement over the stock reflector and lighting I had on my R3T. I also replaced my auxiliary lights for the same look. The reflector on my headlight was constantly getting cloudy and having some kind of residue on it. It was next to impossible to clean and polish it as it was one sealed unit with the only access being where the bulb was installed. Bulbs wouldn't have solved the crappy reflector issue.

Attachments

• 20171221_150228.jpg
    20171221_150228.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171221_150203.jpg
    20171221_150203.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 16
I have an 2016 R3R and have LED bulbs as I wanted better lighting and save money. They won't be as good as adaptive or other light swap outs, but at 30000 lumen for $25 Aussie dollars they are a **** sight better than originals

FORGET LED "BULBS" - unless all you do is ride during the day. But if the only aim is to produce "scatter" and be seen then anything modern should do the job. I don't know if the ones with integrated fans will fit in the shells though. And LEDS do not work well if they get too hot. They will dim (or Gate down).

You are probably better off getting some Chinese LED units with the DRL ring.

If you travel at night - THEN JW-SPEAKER ADAPTIVES.

I have an 2016 R3R and have LED bulbs as I wanted better lighting and save money. They won't be as good as adaptive or other light swap outs, but at 30000 lumen for $25 Aussie dollars they are a **** sight better than originals

30,00 lumen???
Best re-check that, M8. :inlove

@skydog1000 @barbagris @martinrl
JW Speaker Adaptives (5.75") are indeed the best for the Roadster.
I would rank the JW Speaker Daymakers 2nd & the JW Speaker 8630 3rd.
The best accessory lights are the Clearwater, period. I run the Erica. They now have a new, even brighter, called the Sevina.
All the rest is 'kissing your sister". :roll: :D

The best accessory lights are the Clearwater, period. I run the Erica. They now have a new, even brighter, called the Sevina.
All the rest is 'kissing your sister". :roll: :D
Depends - The Clearwaters use a "Driving" conical beam - which you really cant use properly in traffic as it blinds others. I simply do not see the point of having them dimmer. But those Sevinas draw a lot of amps. And wont be as much use in bendy roads as the Erica. An 8° beam only works for long straight roads.

I use JWS 6150 FOG lights. This gives an intense boost to low/dip beam - which with the adaptives on High/main is imo of more use. Of course having both would be better still. That and adaptive fogs.

Reminds me I need to do a video of the add-on indicator activated cornering lights for you. And for me tbh.

Depends - The Clearwaters use a "Driving" conical beam - which you really cant use properly in traffic as it blinds others. I simply do not see the point of having them dimmer. But those Sevinas draw a lot of amps. And wont be as much use in bendy roads as the Erica. An 8° beam only works for long straight roads.
I use JWS 6150 FOG lights. This gives an intense boost to low/dip beam - which with the adaptives on High/main is imo of more use. Of course having both would be better still. That and adaptive fogs.
Reminds me I need to do a video of the add-on indicator activated cornering lights for you. And for me tbh.

You got those same billet tail lights that you turned me onto?
Hope so as I sure am liking mine!

FORGET LED "BULBS" - unless all you do is ride during the day. But if the only aim is to produce "scatter" and be seen then anything modern should do the job. I don't know if the ones with integrated fans will fit in the shells though. And LEDS do not work well if they get too hot. They will dim (or Gate down).

You are probably better off getting some Chinese LED units with the DRL ring.

If you travel at night - THEN JW-SPEAKER ADAPTIVES.

The LEDs with fans fit fine. I agree that if you can afford to buy a light you are better off, but do not discount the bulbs as an option

Back