250W - Jeez - well those will put out a shedload of heat. The original plastic reflectors won't last long. They degrade with 55W bulbs in.

I will have to watch that then. I got the recommendation from another Rocket owner who had these in his Rocket for over 6 months. He didn't mentioany degradation and I didn't see any. Nonetheless if it burns them out, nothing lost and I will then get something else, but in the meantime I have 100% better night riding illumination than previous for under $50

It also depends what they mean by 250W. I've seen 15W LEDs advertised as 125W. They're pulling your leg on the basis that their 15W LED puts out the same amount of light as a 125W halogen (allegedly).

Do these lights of yours actually draw 250W?

It also depends what they mean by 250W. I've seen 15W LEDs advertised as 125W. They're pulling your leg on the basis that their 15W LED puts out the same amount of light as a 125W halogen (allegedly).

Do these lights of yours actually draw 250W?

Tis a BS advertisement!
Two lights in a package so they double all the already fudged specs. :thumbsdown:

Tis a BS advertisement!
Two lights in a package so they double all the already fudged specs. :thumbsdown:

Specification:

Led Light Source: Philips-COB Chips
Exchangeable Model: 9003 HB3 H4
Beam Power: 252W/kit (126W/BULB)
Luminance: Raw: 25200LM/kit. (12600LM/BULB)
Life Span: 80,000 hours
Color Temperature: 6500K White

Certificated by: CE,RoHS,ISO9002
Connector Type: Plug and play
Operating Temperature: -40℃ to +60℃
Cooling Style: Built-in Fan Cooling and Aluminous Heat Dissipation
Waterproof Grade: IP 68

Warranty Time: 3 years Warranty.

Same old Chinese marketing BS. Tell them it's 30,000 lumens in the title then admit they are only 12,600 lumens each in the fine print specs.

But hey, all that matters is he's happy with them. If they're better than the stock lights, it's a win.

Without sticking an ammeter in - you will never know for sure.

If you are happy - then that's the point. But be aware of possible knock-on effects.

Yeah, the lights I ordered suffer some of the same BS. Title says they're 80W lights. Fine print says they're 75W lights with 15 x 5W chips. They just say they're 80W in case another seller is honest and claims 75W in the hope you'll click on the 80W add first.

For my 2015 R3T, I have the Truck Lite headlight [27270C] and driving lights [80245]. They are LED. Head light is plug and play and driving lights had to be wired in.

I like them a lot. Chrome look was not available so I got the smoked look. They look OK on the bike when it is just sitting there. When the lights are on, you cannot tell a difference between chrome and smoked.

They fit into their respective shells fine and overall the entire swap was really simple. I was looking at the JW Speaker but had a hard time justifying spending that type of money. To buy again I would get the chrome but in terms of the Truck Lite brand I am completely happy.

Very bright and I feel completely comfortable riding at night. Better visibility then I have with my Ford Expy.

Yeah, the lights I ordered suffer some of the same BS. Title says they're 80W lights. Fine print says they're 75W lights with 15 x 5W chips. They just say they're 80W in case another seller is honest and claims 75W in the hope you'll click on the 80W add first.
Thing is - Just because they are 5W chips - does not mean they are being driven at 100% - In fact I'll bet they're not.

So far every set-up I have tested is driven at 2/3 to 3/4 potential. Stops the heat being as much of an issue.

i like my fog lights.

Attachments

• 20180406_054724.jpg
    20180406_054724.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 4
For my 2015 R3T, I have the Truck Lite headlight [27270C] and driving lights [80245]. They are LED. Head light is plug and play and driving lights had to be wired in.
I like them a lot. Chrome look was not available so I got the smoked look. They look OK on the bike when it is just sitting there. When the lights are on, you cannot tell a difference between chrome and smoked.
They fit into their respective shells fine and overall the entire swap was really simple. I was looking at the JW Speaker but had a hard time justifying spending that type of money. To buy again I would get the chrome but in terms of the Truck Lite brand I am completely happy.
Very bright and I feel completely comfortable riding at night. Better visibility then I have with my Ford Expy.

Hope you be coming to RAA East next month?
Would like to test the Trucks.

Back