Aftermarket LED lights (All+)

Whowahtey

‘08 R3🤙
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3
Hello everyone,

I bought an R3 a few weeks ago and the previous owner has put a lot of $ into it but not properly. This bike has all kinds of LED’s but the guy never put any resistors in. Not sure if they are called that but my lights blink too fast because of this. Does any1 know if they make universal ones or what? Should I just take it to a pro.? I try not to play with the electrical.

You have several options:
1) Install cheap 6 ohm resistors on each leg of your turn signals. (you can buy 4 for 9 bucks on Amazon). The only reason I'm not crazy about using them is that they get very hot after a min or two of use. They mimic the load of an incandescent bulb, ergo they generate waste heat.
2) Keep LEDs on one side of your signal (i.e. fronts) and use incandescents on the other side
3) My Preferred method: Get a Gen2 Signal Stabilizer from someone like Custom Dynamics (call them to make sure it will work with your bike). These adapt the CANBUS to work with LEDs without generating the heat like the resistors. Cost about 80 bucks.
Custom Dynamics

Hello everyone,

I bought an R3 a few weeks ago and the previous owner has put a lot of $ into it but not properly. This bike has all kinds of LED’s but the guy never put any resistors in. Not sure if they are called that but my lights blink too fast because of this. Does any1 know if they make universal ones or what? Should I just take it to a pro.? I try not to play with the electrical.
I just used a different Relay and it solved the hyper flash issue, it is pretty much plug and play . Mine is a 2015 Roadster. I'm not sure if it is the same for your bike but for the price it is worth a try CF13-GLO2

I just used a different Relay and it solved the hyper flash issue, it is pretty much plug and play . Mine is a 2015 Roadster. I'm not sure if it is the same for your bike but for the price it is worth a try CF13-GLO2
I also changed out the relay when I went with LED's and the flasher now works like before.

I can't believe I forgot about the relay. Easiest and cheapest way to go...

Back