MPH obviously. Downrange is a bit moot in bendy roads. It's why (imo) the adaptive make such a difference. And ime when you can use the extra "range" the Adaptives on Main are really stunning too.

They offer (for me) one particularly important advantage - they are designed for both left and right hand traffic use without discrimination. This matters when I travel to the UK. Only folk who have had to drive on the Right with Left handed dips (or visa versa) will understand this.

With non adaptive lights you (as you know) actually see less in corners than a car driver does. Adaptive redress this balance and then adds some.

They have one HUGE disadvantage (to your bank balance) - once you have ridden with them you will want adaptive lights in every other vehicle you have - even a beaten up 24 year old Landrover Discovery that is happiest at 50-55mph.

I'll admit I would like to adds some longer range lights for trips across unlit open areas like the new Forest in the UK - but I have run out of space to mount stuff. You know I am not going to fit something teensy wheensy. But then I may run out of Alternator amps too.

Get yourself a locomotive light! :eek: :roll:

On an entirely different note - though potentially important for EU riders. A lot of fairly "low end priceline" gear is getting an E mark at the moment - totally above board - via Malta.

An interesting development too is the increase in so called "6D" lenses. Often E marked. These cross a fairly tight narrow centre beam with a very wide beam. But it is very narrow top to bottom. So you can strap em on - keep em on - and not suffer with Mr Plod.

My neighbour has just bought some aimed at BMW-GS riders (20W a piece) And I had some different ones in a box (15W) which I will test on the Land Rover.

Last edited:
IMG_0107.JPG

Just fitted these babies last week -plenty of light there.

Just fitted these babies last week -plenty of light there.

They look like insect eyes (in a cool way), I imagine they would put out a lot of light! Can you share a link to where you got them or the manufacturer / model details?

Also, slightly off topic, where did you get the chrome housing and horn cover? I'm thinking of blinging up my beast a little. :)

They look like insect eyes (in a cool way), I imagine they would put out a lot of light! Can you share a link to where you got them or the manufacturer / model details?

Also, slightly off topic, where did you get the chrome housing and horn cover? I'm thinking of blinging up my beast a little. :)

You can get the lights here: 5-3/4 5.75" inch 80W Daymaker Motorcycle Projector LED Headlight DRL For Harley 658126609647 | eBay

The chrome light housings and horn came with the bike OEM.

Back