How installing Raptor shift light

Those two wires won't help you, its sending data on them not analog voltages.

Yep, I know, was just thinking, one lead was possibly sending data, the other one possibly feedbacking. The other leads which coming from tacho /speedometer are leading to other units/relays/sensor.:sick:
Ow, and yes, we are talking about the same Raptorlight.

As I said earlier you will need to use the Speed Signal at the sensor - in case of ABS bike that will be the rear wheel ABS speed signal (no separate speed sensor on the ABS bikes, vs the non-ABS bikes)
I don't believe the CPS will work for this application - yes it will give number proportional to the engine speed but many multiples of actual rpm
Injector signal might be another option - I think that might work, but would need to be tested.

As I said earlier you will need to use the Speed Signal at the sensor - in case of ABS bike that will be the rear wheel ABS speed signal (no separate speed sensor on the ABS bikes, vs the non-ABS bikes)
I don't believe the CPS will work for this application - yes it will give number proportional to the engine speed but many multiples of actual rpm
Injector signal might be another option - I think that might work, but would need to be tested.

The rearwheel ABS speedsignal won't be an option :(for my roadster ABS because I disassembled the sensor from the rearwheel (tyre is not stock dia/size)
Besides the speedsignal, I do also need a signal from the tacho, according to Raptor.

You could TRY creating an INDUCTIVE pickup. - Just a bit of ordinary insulated wire coiled around the HIGH TENSION wire. 20 turns is usually enough - Old tech but often works.

You could TRY creating an INDUCTIVE pickup. - Just a bit of ordinary insulated wire coiled around the HIGH TENSION wire. 20 turns is usually enough - Old tech but often works.

What should be the dia of the wire core ? 2 mm ?

(but with good connectors lol).

Thumbs-Up.jpg Thank-You.jpg

This is another reason I like the Healtech stuff. Using the crank trigger is fine, it’s adjustable on how many pulses per revolution and so works with any motor.

This is another reason I like the Healtech stuff. Using the crank trigger is fine, it’s adjustable on how many pulses per revolution and so works with any motor.

I contacted Raptor,there is no issue connecting on the negative coil side. But, which side of coil no 2 is the negative side ?:thumbsdown: lead brown/rose(NK colourcode)or green/purple (GP code)

Back