How installing Raptor shift light

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
triumph roadster supercharged, 2010
As it's not possible ( saying Raptor) to connect its shiftlight leads to high performance coils ( I installed Whites) I have to connect 1 lead to the output speedsignal from the ECU and another one connecting to the tach output lead.
But here the issue comes in : which leads are the output ones :thumbsdown::banghead:
Someone familiar with the output leadcolours ?? The electric part of the manual won't tell.

Mate I tried to figure this I have Holley sniper shift light .

Even thought Holley claim it works with any signal or engine config I can't get it set up spot on with the Rocket

If you have any luck with this let me know ;)

As it's not possible ( saying Raptor) to connect its shiftlight leads to high performance coils ( I installed Whites) I have to connect 1 lead to the output speedsignal from the ECU and another one connecting to the tach output lead.
But here the issue comes in : which leads are the output ones :thumbsdown::banghead:
Someone familiar with the output leadcolours ?? The electric part of the manual won't tell.
Maybe this will help. How to install Healtech Shiftlight Pro

The Roadster ECU uses a canbus system to communicate with teh instrument - so my guess is there may not be discrete instrument feeds - @DEcosse will know for sure.

...so my guess is there may not be discrete instrument feeds -

Correct, would have to use the speed signal from sensor itself - on an ABS bike that will be the rear ABS sensor - and a coil negative for the rpm

Is this your shift light?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...Mode_Shift_Light_V18.pdf?13318663740541820280

If so, it can definitely be connected to the coil as I did with the healtech.

I see the confusion:

CONNECT THE GREEN WIRE OF THE SHIFT LIGHT TO THE TACH OUTPUT LEAD OF THE VEHICLE OR THE SWITCHED SIDE OF THE IGNITION COIL (NEGATIVE SIDE). DO NOT CONNECT TO AFTERMARKET HIGH ENERGY COIL(S)…. DAMAGE TO SHIFT LIGHT MAY OCCUR!

They mean only connect it to the low voltage side of the coil, not the wire running to the spark plug, the other wires.

Since that's the case, do it exactly as I did (but with good connectors lol).

Ah - from their manual -
DO NOT CONNECT TO AFTERMARKET HIGH ENERGY COIL(S)…. DAMAGE TO SHIFT LIGHT MAY OCCUR!

Nothing a resistor, zener and diode won't cure :)

edit - I think they do still mean the coil negative @Claviger - the negative going spike as it turns off could be significantly larger than a std coil (can easily be in the hundreds of volts)

I finally got a wiring diagram with colors for the roadster, wahoo, so when I'm putting mine back together I'll update the how to heh.

Though it looks like I tapped into the positive wire, need to consult wire diagram.

I finally got a wiring diagram with colors for the roadster, wahoo, so when I'm putting mine back together I'll update the how to heh.

Though it looks like I tapped into the positive wire, need to consult wire diagram.

I also did consult the manual wire diagram but still …:thumbsdown: As the manual wiringdia is showing, the tacho and speedometer are getting 2 leads , a red and bleu one, directly from/to the ECU.However, those leads also are spliced from each other.So the leads are not 'one way' direction.I think so…:thumbsdown:

Back