Help Please with my 2007 Rocket anyone???

Hoses: I seem to recall them being 3 different lengths (an important detail).

The three throttle body to 4 way joiner hoses are actually the same length.
They are just shaped to fit their positions, so can be easily mistaken to appear different lengths. But if you measure them you will see.

@Idaho Red Rocket 3 identified the fix at start of thread - just put the vacuum hosing to MAP sensor back.
Btw Mr Bill I don't recall seeing a resolution to your not starting/idling problem from a while back - was it indeed these vac hoses not connected up properly after?

From another angle. Make sure the hoses are pushed on all the way.
All hooked up, changed Plugs again the ones on first start up all sootie. I did replace the primary TPS and Set at .06 volts dead on, 2nd dary cant get to .06 volts, I tood off the secondaries so need to close up and re attach TPS?? Can the 2nd dary motor be disconnected since no 2nd butter flys?. I'm a Hair away from throwing in the Towel.. I dont have a Scanner and peopleare talking about Codes,ect... I just wanted to Ride before being Deployed again to Ukraine... This Dealer that messed up my poor Bike then leaving me hanging is so Wrong.. I'm just to damtired, with do this then do that Hook this up pull this ect, more dam problems...Oh Well Clean up time,got bad flooding fromthe Hurricane, but People South in Naples lost their Lives from 12ft of storm surge while waiting in their Attics .. Thanks Dean...

20220316_165320.jpg

20220316_165257.jpg

20220316_165245.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail (83).jpg
    thumbnail (83).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 10
  • thumbnail (81).jpg
    thumbnail (81).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 10
  • thumbnail (80).jpg
    thumbnail (80).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9
  • thumbnail (84).jpg
    thumbnail (84).jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 9
  • thumbnail (85).jpg
    thumbnail (85).jpg
    146 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail (82).jpg
    thumbnail (82).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Indeed, I couldn't remember if the hoses were equal or slightly different lengths, thanks for clarifying that.

Regardless, it's a fuel-injected bike, you will sadly have to deal with the computer portion of the bike if you want it to run right. It's not hard to use Tune ECU; ask lots of questions here, some people have made video tutorials on it to make it easier.

Leave the secondary throttle motor connected, it doesn't matter if you've removed the plates. The bike throws a code if you unplug it without disabling it in the computer first.

Getting the list of engine codes would be ideal, but don't be too concerned with the engine light being on, if the battery was unplugged the light will remain on for the first three heat cycles if I remember correctly, and then turn off on its own. If it runs right after you've reconnected the hoses, MAP sensor, and replaced the plugs, ride it and enjoy :p

I hope you haven't removed the secondary TPS, but if you have, then you can't just put it back on. You will need to open the butterfly and attach it with them open. Sort of back to front from the primary TPS. You will need to do this even if the butterfly valves have been removed.

Indeed, I couldn't remember if the hoses were equal or slightly different lengths, thanks for clarifying that.

Regardless, it's a fuel-injected bike, you will sadly have to deal with the computer portion of the bike if you want it to run right. It's not hard to use Tune ECU; ask lots of questions here, some people have made video tutorials on it to make it easier.

Leave the secondary throttle motor connected, it doesn't matter if you've removed the plates. The bike throws a code if you unplug it without disabling it in the computer first.

Getting the list of engine codes would be ideal, but don't be too concerned with the engine light being on, if the battery was unplugged the light will remain on for the first three heat cycles if I remember correctly, and then turn off on its own. If it runs right after you've reconnected the hoses, MAP sensor, and replaced the plugs, ride it and enjoy :p
I have a Power commander Installed, with Zero Map, if I get a Dyno Tune will that be better than Tune ecu??? I'm so at a loss..

I suggest 1 step at a time.
Power Commander just modifies fueling signals from the ECU.
TuneECU lets you modify the ECU directly. It also allows you to view and clear engine codes as well as a few other basic maintenance steps so you can avoid having to rely on the dealer for basic things.

FIrst step would be to pick up a cable from amazon (something like the one below, any OBD2 to USB ELM 327 cable should work), download TuneECU, and just get connected to the bike so you can view/clear the fault codes. From there we can help you more accurately based on what those codes are. There are a ton of codes you can completely ignore and the bike will still run just fine.

I suggest 1 step at a time.
Power Commander just modifies fueling signals from the ECU.
TuneECU lets you modify the ECU directly. It also allows you to view and clear engine codes as well as a few other basic maintenance steps so you can avoid having to rely on the dealer for basic things.

FIrst step would be to pick up a cable from amazon (something like the one below, any OBD2 to USB ELM 327 cable should work), download TuneECU, and just get connected to the bike so you can view/clear the fault codes. From there we can help you more accurately based on what those codes are. There are a ton of codes you can completely ignore and the bike will still run just fine.

What exact cable do you want me to get? Until I get the cable and Tune ECU should Ijust not Try and start the bike... Got both TPS sensors dead on at.06 exactly and all Hoses hooked up correct to throttle bodies and map sensor. Brand New Battery and a extra 12 spark plugs... Power Commander is hooked up with ZERO map.. Thanks so much fo Help, after this Hurricane I'm just beat up... Dean

What exact cable do you want me to get? Until I get the cable and Tune ECU should Ijust not Try and start the bike... Got both TPS sensors dead on at.06 exactly and all Hoses hooked up correct to throttle bodies and map sensor. Brand New Battery and a extra 12 spark plugs... Power Commander is hooked up with ZERO map.. Thanks so much fo Help, after this Hurricane I'm just beat up... Dean
Take a deep breath and relax - Just do whatever Claviger tells you - He is an expert & he will get you going...... You're in good hands now

Back