Help and guidance needed please.

Tank

Supercharged
Okay lads I need some guidance here.

My 2014 rocket 3 touring, TORS exhaust, RamAir and a hansotune installed. Total km. On bike: 20822km avon cobra tires front and back(with what appears to be good tread left)

Parked it in December it was fine, fuel stabilizer. Took it out in April noticed a little hesitation in 2nd under modest throttle entering the highway. I couldn't hammer due to cold roads. Blew through that tank of gas thinking the hesitation was old gas, filled it with premium fuel.

Today we had 30c weather took her out for a spin. I put it under heavy acceleration through 1st no problem, into 2nd still under heavy acceleration felt a slip between 100~110km per hour, then between 125~140km per hour, switched to third gear no issues.

I was able to recreate the problem several times. No funky clutch smells, no excessive gas smells, idles normal isn't showing any other symptoms other than described above.

Only in 2nd gear, under heavy acceleration 1st and 3rd appears normal.

Of course I have a bike trip booked for May 31and the dealership can't get me in until the 26th...

Thoughts please, ideas please.

Last edited:
There is a big difference between a slip and a hesitation. Could the slip be the transmission slipping in and out of second gear ? You'd never smell the clutch unless it literally caught on fire, it's all sealed up and runs in oil.

that is what i though he needs to be more pacific.
i am not sure but if the clutches r fried you could probably smell it in the oil.

Just had a convo with a member sounds like I may be suffering from the infamous rocket second gear jump that was present in earlier years.

All I can say is all the other gears are fine only 2nd, it happens under moderate and heavy acceleration on the top end of the rpm. In my experience it feels like a slip, when it first happened I thought my tire had let go for a split second.

It happens consistently at the top end of 2nd. I'm fearing transmission.

that is what i though he needs to be more pacific.
i am not sure but if the clutches r fried you could probably smell it in the oil.

I agree you would probably smell it in the oil, but not just standing by the vehicle like you would with a car. If it was a slipping clutch, those usually get worse in the higher gears. The OP needs to give us a little more to work with.

I agree you would probably smell it in the oil, but not just standing by the vehicle like you would with a car. If it was a slipping clutch, those usually get worse in the higher gears. The OP needs to give us a little more to work with.

See above.. A little more info... I can't say much more than that

Back