Handlebar Switches

The circuit I created to control the OEM headlights using the OEM Start switch could be used for ANY auxiliary function to control on/off function by the starter switch, without having to add any type of physical switch on the bar
The only negative is you can only control one function with it ............
i.e. heated grips OR aux lamps OR ............

Caveat - I have had some 'falsing' issues (turning off/on inadvertently) with a couple of the early generation - I need a certain someone on this thread to get off their arse and install/test the revised edition to ensure it's resolved :D

You could also use the controller to drive a second device by adding a mini momentary switch like this one

That simply bolts onto my clutch perch bracket and is EXTREMELY unobtrusive.
(it's the tiny mini-switch almost dead center of the image, hanging off underside of the clutch perch bracket)
Then the controller and relay go under the tank or whatever, out of sight, and you end up with a nice clean bar.

So you could have even three circuits being controlled like this;
one from the Start button and another two, one each on a switch like this on either side (clutch & brake)
Each circuit would need its own controller however ..........

The switch is only operated momentarily and it latches the circuit driving the relay; so it is only handling minuscule current and consequently be extremely tiny; a single press of the switch will turn the circuit on if it's off, or off if its on.
You HAVE to be running a relay whether for heated grips or aux lights anyway ..........

Edit - actually found the same type in a latching switch (as opposed to momentary), so could use that without the controller - the expensive bit - (which would only be necessary for the Starter switch control)

Last edited:
I need a certain someone on this thread to get off their arse and install/test the revised edition to ensure it's resolved :D

I know, I know !!!!! :notworthy:
RAA X, my work schedule, Squirrells work schedule, prior obligations and a broken detent spring will delay the test another 2 to 3 weeks.:banghead:
Sorry bro !
I still deed a diagram.
You act like I know relays or something.o_O
I'm not the tech you are. Just a simple cajun with attitude.:sneaky:

If you could take a close up picture of the one you already posted too that would be great!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fellas on the Touring the left handle bar switch box has a spot for the fog lights and i have seen a chrome cover made for it. Why reinvent the wheel?

DECosse; I am missing the handlebar switch from a fog light kit. Have the rest of the 2 harness that come with the switch. This looks like a simple toggle switch you could fit anywhere. Is that so?
2007 Classic

Hooking up my Clearwater and installing my JWS Adaptives on Monday.
Can I use this OEM switch to put into the right side bar control and use for the Clearwater?
Can I wire the Clearwater same as shown in the PDF you attached?
If so, what do I need to buy?

Last edited:
Back