Handlebar ideas

GaryA

Supercharged
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
I would like some input in handlebar selection.

I have a completely standard 2010 Roadster.

When riding after about 45 mins my hands go a little numb, thumb and pinky first, then most of my fingers.
I am thinking of trying some alternative bars but am not sure what to look for.
I realize ones that suit me is the go, but what am I after, width? the grip angle coming back at the ends, angle down? Pull back?
Is it the bend at my wrists that cause problems?

Other than not having feeling in my hands after a while, I am very comfy :)

I am going to have a play altering the position of the standard bars to see if that helps as well.

but what am I after, width? the grip angle coming back at the ends, angle down? Pull back?
Is it the bend at my wrists that cause problems?
Could be all or none of that - bars are a VERY personal thing.

If you can prop the bike upright. Sit on it both feet on the pegs: Lift both hands up to shoulder height.
Now let them fall naturally and see the position your muscles/skeleton needs to feel natural.

From there it's just a case of investigating who does what.

BUT all that said - give @chandelierman a shout - His T-Bars seem to fit most folk very well.

Could be all or none of that - bars are a VERY personal thing.

If you can prop the bike upright. Sit on it both feet on the pegs: Lift both hands up to shoulder height.
Now let them fall naturally and see the position your muscles/skeleton needs to feel natural.

From there it's just a case of investigating who does what.

BUT all that said - give @chandelierman a shout - His T-Bars seem to fit most folk very well.

As above, I went for Rivco Risers then some Apes, got it sorted. It was the wrist angle just not quite right for me too cutting circulation. But us humans come in a vast range of shapes so do as above and work outa good height and pullback on bars. Above is soynd advice.

Yes, all good advice.
I have rotated the standard bars for now to see if that helps.
I think if I could just bend the ends of the bars forward it would be good, so that would be the dimensions I may be after.

Yes, all good advice.
I have rotated the standard bars for now to see if that helps.
I think if I could just bend the ends of the bars forward it would be good, so that would be the dimensions I may be after.

T-Bars flatten the angle so your hands rest more parallel to your shoulders instead of having the inward twist.

That inward twist is a no go for me, most because I find it odd when cornering. The classic bars actually have more pullback and a similar twist, but they worked for me, so see if you can get a sit on a bike with Tbars and one with Classic bars.

Touring bars are the worst, wrist nearly has to make a right angle.

Please to post a pic of your standard bars with the risers. I arrived home from Colorado yesterday evening and the Rivcos were awaiting me. Claviger has a set of standards for me as does 1olbull. I haven't seen them but hope they are the same as the 07 standards that I installed on my 07 Classic.

Mine are Classic, I think maybe different than standard, I'll try to get a pic tomorrow. Right after I joined here, I complained about the bars, someone recommended Classic, someone else said they had an extra set. I feel bad I don't remember who any more, but someone sent them to me free, as I remember.

I think I remember Roadking bars were good to, now that I'm remembering.

Back